So...the Cowboys and Texans both made it to the divisional playoffs and...

4,068 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...lost.

Bust at least the Texans won a playoff game.
AgPediRPh
AG
Congrats?
Grapesoda2525
Troll
Joe Exotic
AG
Never understood the chest beating over wild card round wins
aTm2004
AG
#regularseasonchamps
Houston Lee
AG
Just having some fun

The Texans were horrible and the Cowboys had a better year overall. But the end result was they both went the same distance in the Playoffs.

Weird how that works.
Tone2002
Texans fan obsession with the Cowboys is strange. Wth???
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
The fact that Houston Texans fans think that Dallas is their rival is a head scratcher. They are not even in the same Conference.
TAZ99
AG
And neither team will be packing up and moving to Tennessee
JW
AG
No comparison between the two trajectories.
Post removed:
by user
Mysguidednlv
AG
jake2011 said:

Cowboys 2-9 in playoffs since 1996. Two divisional losses at home after bye.

And your point is????

Cowboys have 2 NFL Starter caliber QBs, A True RB 1, top tier Oline &WRs, and a vastly improved Defense .. Care to play your hand?
bilbobag
Unless you are playing in the Super Bowl at the end of the year, this chatter is pointless.
Joe Exotic
AG
jake2011 said:

In a league with bad much turnover as the NFL I'm not sure how relevant historically data his. Other than the logos, these teams completely change almost every 5 years.
CrazyDayDuck
As long as Jerry is the GM and his red headed bag boy is the coach, this is the best us Cowboy fans can hope for.

Kind of like Wilson and whoever he picks to be our coach.
Post removed:
by user
CrazyDayDuck
Mysguidednlv said:

jake2011 said:

And your point is????

Cowboys have 2 NFL Starter caliber QBs, A True RB 1, top tier Oline &WRs, and a vastly improved Defense .. Care to play your hand?

If you could combine the Houston D with the Dallas O, you would have the best team in the NFL by far.

The problem is that the Houston O and Dallas D are mediocre at best.

I.E. neither of these teams will be winning a SB until they are at least average on that side of the ball.

And giving up 34 points or scoring only 16 is below average.
Joe Exotic
AG
I don't understand why OC's like to get so cute when they have great running games. You see it constantly. One thing that made the '90s cowboys so great was that they just lined up and beat you. Their playbook was very vanilla. But they had a mindset that they should just be able to line up and blow you off the ball.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
WWC2001 said:

The fact that Houston Texans fans think that Dallas is their rival is a head scratcher. They are not even in the same Conference.

It's like the sips saying something about the Ags after a loss. Change the direction of the conversation. Cowboys fans are what make them losing so great. They feel so entitled, but haven't done **** in 20 years.
CrazyDayDuck
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I don't understand why OC's like to get so cute when they have great running games. You see it constantly. One thing that made the '90s cowboys so great was that they just lined up and beat you. Their playbook was very vanilla. But they had a mindset that they should just be able to line up and blow you off the ball.

Because common sense is not very common with people who think they are smarter than they actually are.

When something is working, you keep doing it until the other team adjusts. Even HS coaches know this.

The Cowboy O would be unstoppable if the coaching on O was decent. They totally Spaved up the series just before the half. 3 incomplete passes to Witten in a row. Freakin idiots. That series cost them the game.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

It's like the sips saying something about the Ags after a loss. Change the direction of the conversation. Cowboys fans are what make them losing so great. They feel so entitled, but haven't done **** in 20 years.

Still doesn't change the fact that Dallas has a franchise quarterback and a balanced offensive attack, and the Texans have Brock Osweiller with a huge contract and a terrible offensive line. Who has a better future?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Being a fan of the Texans, Astros, and Ags must be torture. These poor little houston souls.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Being a fan of the Texans, Astros, and Ags must be torture. These poor little houston souls.

HEY!! THE TEXANS HAVE JJ WATT!! HE IS AWESOME!
Ag_07
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Is it all that different than a Cowboy, Rangers, and Ags fan?
bilbobag
Now that the season is over, I see you are back to your old antics
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Ag_07 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Is it all that different than a Cowboy, Rangers, and Ags fan?

During my lifetime as a hometown Dallas fan, I have seen 3 Super Bowl titles, 1 NBA Championship, and a Stanley Cup. I have to say, I am pretty happy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hell yes. Pretty clear from observation of how each acts - the level of hate toward Dallas is crazy ex-gf level while dallas is full of indifference toward houston. And I was watching Super Bowl wins when I was in college. Been a long time but the future is bright again.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
bilbobag said:

Now that the season is over, I see you are back to your old antics

What antics? I grew up in Dallas, and I lived in Houston. I like the Texans and the Cowboys. I just never could understand why Houstonians hate the Cowboys. There is no rivalry between these two teams.
Aggie_Jeff
I never understood why Houston has so much animosity toward Dallas. Dallas could care less about Houston so I'm guessing that maybe part of it but the Texans have a solid team. Of course they are missing an important piece but if they find it then they can win it all with their defense.

Now as a Cowboy fan, I'm very happy with their future. We did fall ass backwards into Dak but sometimes you need a little luck plus keeping Jerry more and more out of being the final decision maker in the draft room. Not there yet though.
aTm2004
AG
WWC2001 said:

aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

Still doesn't change the fact that Dallas has a franchise quarterback and a balanced offensive attack, and the Texans have Brock Osweiller with a huge contract and a terrible offensive line. Who has a better future?

You mean a huge contract they can get out of after next season? How's that Romo contract going?
aTm2004
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

I never understood why Houston has so much animosity toward Dallas. Dallas could care less about Houston so I'm guessing that maybe part of it but the Texans have a solid team. Of course they are missing an important piece but if they find it then they can win it all with their defense.

Now as a Cowboy fan, I'm very happy with their future. We did fall ass backwards into Dak but sometimes you need a little luck plus keeping Jerry more and more out of being the final decision maker in the draft room. Not there yet though.

Dallas is the sips of the NFL. They can't see it just as the sip fans can't see it.
Joe Exotic
AG
And who would the Texans be? Tech?
Ryan34
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

And who would the Texans be? Tech?

A&M obviously.
AgBQ-00
AG
I've said this before but it stands repeating. I grew up in DFW and of course cheer for all those teams. When I was young I also liked to see Houston teams do well. When I got to college the vitriol of Houstonians changed that. Those teams could all go bankrupt and disappear and it is too good of an outcome than most of their fans deserve
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.