Kickers

979 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by diehard03
bgrimm05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And to think stupid people still say kickers are not important...
Ervin Burrell
AG
It's getting to the point where 50 yarders are chip shots.
W
AG
3 made (actually 4) in the last 2 minutes of the game. Kicking indoors on turf does help
4stringAg
AG
Pittsburgh kicker set a post season record with 6 FGs which in an 18-16 final score shows you his value...
ac
W said:

3 made (actually 4) in the last 2 minutes of the game. Kicking indoors on turf does help
That didn't work for Randy Bullock.
Ag12thman
AG
MemAg92 said:

Pittsburgh kicker set a post season record with 6 FGs which in an 18-16 final score shows you his value...
Kicker had every single point on the scoreboard and, basically, won the game for Pitt.
exp
AG
Could argue the longer extra point builds confidence through in game repetitions for the kicking squad. It's the one argument I'll accept over the higher expected value of going for two every time.

But conversely, if a team had in game reps of going for two all the time, your team may be way better under the pressure of goal line situations and crucial 3rd/4th downs.
diehard03
Quote:

Could argue the longer extra point builds confidence through in game repetitions for the kicking squad. It's the one argument I'll accept over the higher expected value of going for two every time.

I don't really buy this. Kickers know that XPA are not FG, so I don't see how mentally that carryover can happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.