KC Special teams score

1,748 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
ApachePilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the fake punt for a TD isn't scored as a special teams TD?
ATM9000
AG
Why would it? Yards and TD are counted as Rushing officially not return yards or return TD's. From a FF perspective (which I'm guessing is why you are griping), it makes no sense to double bucket the stats.
ApachePilot
AG
I guess I was thinking how a punt return is 6 for special teams and 6 for the player too.
ATM9000
AG
NFL doesn't do that in their official stats. I guess some FF do it that way.
CrottyKid
AG
Until the ball is kicked, it is just a weird offensive formation.
ATM9000
AG
In the NFL, due to rules on 4th down fumbles even after the ball is kicked, a punt is just another offensive play in a weird formation.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ApachePilot said:

No. would be ridiculous to count it so.
PatAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

ApachePilot said:

Really? Seems like its a play by the special teams...
Chipotlemonger
AG
PatAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

ApachePilot said:

What happens if a team had rugby style punter that threw a rollout TD on a 4th and 1 from midfield? What happens if a FG kicker throws a TD pass on a fake at the goal line?

Where does it end? 4th down plays don't automatically mean Special Teams.
benMath08
AG
Just think of it as only points scored where your team doesn't start the play with the ball.

Although....if team A punts the ball, team B fumbles the punt, and team A recovers the fumble and runs it in for a touchdown, do you get a D/ST fantasy TD if you have team A? I'm honestly not sure.
Enviroag02
AG
If Team B fumbles on the punt return, and Team A recovers and scores, then Team A gets 6 pts. If Team B muffs the punt, and Team A recovers, it cannot be advanced or returned for a score. In current fantasy rules Team A would get points for a "fumble" recovery, but this is one of my issues with current fantasy scoring. A muffed punt is NOT a fumble so in fantasy if you get points for a fumble recovery, Team A should not get points because it isnt a fumble.
ApachePilot
AG
Yes you do. I just think this scoring rule should be changed. The person that runs for the score could be a LB or CB and not even an offensive player. This score could have put me in the playoffs.

If a FG attempt is faked how is it scored? It seems more clear with the extra point attempts.
PatAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

PatAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

ApachePilot said:

What happens if a team had rugby style punter that threw a rollout TD on a 4th and 1 from midfield? What happens if a FG kicker throws a TD pass on a fake at the goal line?

Well, those are all plays involving the special teams, I don't see what you aren't understanding. If you go for it on 4th with your offense in, then it's an offensive touchdown.
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

PatAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

ApachePilot said:

Well, those are all plays involving the special teams, I don't see what you aren't understanding. If you go for it on 4th with your offense in, then it's an offensive touchdown.
To put it another way, take all the plays you described. How would the announcer describe it after, or the coach when he is giving praise? They'd say "what a great play by the special teams"
bdgol07
AG
Look in the scoring breakdown for defense..... It says punt return for TD, not special teams TD. That's the breaks kid
Squirrel Master
AG
I think it's just going to help to understand that Def/ST TD's are really more appropriately called return touchdowns. Fumble/Int/KR/PR. Fake punts and kicks are always going to be just considered offensive touchdowns.
ORAggieFan
Squirrel Master said:

I think it's just going to help to understand that Def/ST TD's are really more appropriately called return touchdowns. Fumble/Int/KR/PR. Fake punts and kicks are always going to be just considered offensive touchdowns.

Exactly. Your league rules likely make this very clear.
ApachePilot
AG
Not arguing the rule. I see how it's written. I'm now just saying the rule sucks

If the damn special teams is on the field it's a special teams play. Period.
BMX Bandit
I remember my first year playing fantasy football...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.