Do I drop someone or go without a TE this week?

993 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiesq
Wife is an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My TE is Walker who is on a bye this week. I have to drop someone if I want to play a TE.. My team has 1st place locked up & a 1st round bye in the playoffs. We do weekly payout of $40 for most points overall. We also payout $100 to best overall record after reg season & $150 to most points overall at end of reg season. I will win the best record and for most points I am in the lead by a good bit right now. 2nd and 3rd most points guys are 70-90 points behind me so technically not out of reach but unlikely. Both of these guys teams have thrown up 170-180 point weeks before and my worst week was in the 90's.

With that being said, here is my squad:

Drew Brees
Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb
Rishard Matthews
Sammy Watkins
Donte Moncreif
Golden Tate
Le'Veon Bell
LeSean McCoy
Mark Ingram
Tim Hightower
Delanie Walker
Dan Bailey
Seattle DEF

If I drop + add a new TE (most likely Rudolph) I give myself a better chance to win the $40 for the weekly payout & help make sure nobody passes me for the most points $150 payout. The flip side here is that this allows another team in the league a chance to pick whoever I drop up on waivers heading into the playoffs. And pretty much everyone on my team right now is a contributor & would improve the other teams. We also do FAAB acquisition so waiver wire position really doesn't matter its all about whoever bids the most so any team could get whoever I drop.

What would you do?

edited to add: 10 team, 0.75 PPR league and this week is the last week of our regular season.
W
AG
I would pick up a 2nd TE and drop Golden Tate.

you're not going to start him in weeks 15 and 16.

Antonio and Moncrief are your WR1 & WR2.

and Watkins has a great matchup in week 15 vs. the Browns
EliteZags
AG
drop Tate regardless, let someone else waste a roster spot on him
mAgnoliAg
Goldie Wilson
Hightower is also droppable IMO
ATM9000
AG
Cobb's droppable in my opinion and Rudolph as a backup is probably worth more to you than him going into the playoffs in what I'm assuming is a 10 team league.
Iowaggie
AG
Drop Tate.

If you are worried another good team might pick him up if he becomes usable, than trade him to the worst team in the league. (Assumes you are still able to do trades and they process before Sunday games)

I would probably keep Hightower to handcuff Ingram in this case because you have more depth at WR.

aggiesq
AG
EliteZags said:

drop Tate regardless, let someone else waste a roster spot on him
(raises hand sheepishly)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.