*** Chargers vs. Texans ***

4,190 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Vernada
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I listened to most of this game on the radio as I was in the car.

I knew the game was over when Bill kicked the FG from the 2 yard line in the 4th down by 7. I'm not even close to or plugged in or anything and I knew after that this team would never catch SD.

You'd think Bill would have a better feel for his team and know he needed to tie the game then. He's an atrocious gameday coach.
BMX Bandit
If you need two scores to win, not a bad call to take 3.
bilbobag
The game really changed on Millers fumble.. huge swing of events. You get at least 3 there and end up with nothing and lose momentum
bilbobag
Done cutting up the film and man the Texans OL and TE got whipped at the line of scrimmage. Worst it's been all year. Will want to burn the film. Bosa made them look silly all day. Good grief
suburban cowboy
AG
Fire everyone
Ag_07
AG
IceCream14 said:

Fire everyone

Except bilbo
Ags #1
AG
The right tackle was hot garbage.
Ags #1
AG
Question is does bill have the balls to bench Brock? If Brock is really limiting them that much then he needs to sit.

Whose call was it to sign him? McNair rick or bill?
bilbobag
They all looked bad but Bosa made Clark look even worse. I wonder if Lamm could slide to the right or Oboushi try the RT spot. Brown looked bad in the second half. Chargers brought pressure on half of the Texans pass plays
bilbobag
See my post earlier in the thread. That's all I will say
Ags #1
AG
GReat. So the gm and owner love Brock but the one guy who really needs to be on the same page with him isn't. Bob needs to do the right thing and bench Brock
bilbobag
OB was never 100% on board with the Brock signing but was willing to work with him. However, after the first couple of games, OB's concerns on Brock processing information in the offense have grown to the point OB can't get Brock to get past Brock's own self. Mentally, even with a condensed offense, Brock is late processing the info he sees. Everything is just to fast for him unless it's his comfort zone of a couple of plays and throws.
Ags #1
AG
So why continue to screw the team over because one guy can't do his job? Obvousily it's political but even rick and McNair have to see Brock sucks a fat one and needs to hit the bench
Ag_07
AG
What a shlt show of a franchise.
Ags #1
AG
So true, this is why the Texans aren't very good
ac
While Osweiler was lousy yesterday, he isn't solely responsible for the loss. And how much of his shortcomings could be potentially due to bad play calling?

The D put very little pressure on Rivers. And why so many penalties?

Terrible effort overall. The coaching staff is as much to blame as anyone else.
Mr.Bond
AG
Asswaters inability to hit men who are WIDE Open has nothing to do with the defense or play calling
bilbobag
This game film was the worse I have seen all year from the offense. Besides OL and TE blocking problems, Miller's vision on reads was awful. When the creases were there, he didn't see them. Left so many yards on the field.

pagerman @ work
AG
bilbobag said:

This game film was the worse I have seen all year from the offense. Besides OL and TE blocking problems, Miller's vision on reads was awful. When the creases were there, he didn't see them. Left so many yards on the field.

So other than near complete ineptitude on offense everything's good?

Also FWIW, thanks for all the inside perspective on the team. I really enjoy reading your posts.
TrillOBrien
AG
Ags #1 said:

Question is does bill have the balls to bench Brock? If Brock is really limiting them that much then he needs to sit.

Whose call was it to sign him? McNair rick or bill?
The signing was based off McNair and Rick. I saw a report early in the year that BoB didn't want to go after Osweiler....but leave it to McNair to stick his nose where it shouldn't be. You'd think he would've learned his lesson after the Ed Reed fiasco.

I feel like BoB has wanted to bench Osweiler a few times but front office doesn't want to look embarrassed by benching a player they invested so much in. Aside from some poor play-calling, the failures of this season are more on the shoulders of Rick Smith than anyone else.
ac
I've often wondered if Rick Smith has some sort of incriminating evidence against Bob McNair. How else has he managed to keep his job all these years?

If McNair and/or Smith forced Osweiler on BOB without his approval, then this truly is a ridiculous situation.
Vernada
AG
This about sums up how bad things are:

There's a nightmare of a question being asked about Brock Osweiler

Quote:

Nearly nine months ago, the Houston Texans earmarked $72 million for Brock Osweiler in hopes of being better. Better than Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. Better than T.J. Yates and Brandon Weeden.

Not only has that plan failed through 11 games, Osweiler is statistically worse than that aggregate. And if this season finishes that way, there is going to be plenty of blame to go around. Start with the person who pressed this plan into action (team owner Bob McNair), extend to the general manager who championed Osweiler (Rick Smith), and keep going to the coach who was on board with the move, but is struggling to make Osweiler a better player (Bill O'Brien).
Quote:

Entering the pivotal stretch of the schedule, it's fair to question whether Osweiler is any better than that collective. Undoubtedly, the Texans would say no. And to be fair, there is a wealth of nuance when it comes to rosters, seasons and quarterback appraisals. But just from the black and white statistics, there isn't a tremendous stride forward that can be found.

Consider:

Hoyer played in 11 games last season, starting nine. In that span, Hoyer was 224 for 369 for 2,606 passing yards and fielded a 19-to-7 touchdown-to-interception ratio. His passer rating was 91.4, with a 60.7 percent completion rate and he went 5-4 in his nine starts.

Osweiler's 11 games (and 11 starts) this season: He is 238 for 400 for 2,307 passing yards with a 12-to-13 touchdown-to-interception ratio. His passer rating is 72.2, with a 59.5 percent completion rate. He's 6-5 in his 11 starts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.