Largent - Greatest WR ever

1,802 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bonfired
ApachePilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://shar.es/18X8oV

My All-Time favorite player.
Goldie Wilson
Ever?
bdgol07
AG
And most Seahawks fans have no idea who he is
ApachePilot
AG
At the time he retired he was the best. Considering he played under Coach Chuck 'Ground' Knox and caught passes from Jim Zorn and Dave Kreig I think he had to be the greatest to set the records he did.
maxnow21
Jerry Rice
Little Rock Ag
AG
He was a great one, for sure. I've also heard many say that Don Hutson was the best, too. But, I think Jerry Rice is THE pass catcher of all times.
Synopsis
I remember and watched him play for the University of Tulsa waaaaaay back in the day.

EDIT: Definitely one of the best ever.
Goodfield Nohit
Raymond Berry is somewhere on that list.
ORAggieFan
I grew up in Seattle in the 80s. Was definitely my favorite player.
Burnsey
AG
Apache, from the mid 70's until Jerry Rice appeared, Largent was the best of that time in terms of receptions and being a 'great one'. He finished as a top 10 receiver, but today he is #29. Consider Andre Johnson. He had to endure David Carr and Matt Schaub, and still he is #10 all time receptions- now that is greatness!
ApachePilot
AG
You have a good point! Johnson was the man.

But my statement was a tad bias. I grew up in the 70s-80s in Oregon and Washington and Largent was my favorite player without a doubt. In the WA football state championship I got to sit at Steve's locker in the Kingdom and play on that field. Funny I thought our team was so good and I moved to Texas and don't think we would have been .500 here.
W
AG
Largent and Andre are probably the 2 greatest WR's that had the most mediocre QB's throwing to them.

as great as Jerry Rice was, he has to get a slight downgrade due to playing with 2 Hall of Famers. It makes a difference in catches, yards, and TD production
Slargent
Well thank you!
Agnzona
Didn't the Houston Oilers drafted and then cut him?
ApachePilot
AG
Yes the oilers cut him. Thank you Oilers!
jr15aggie
AG
ApachePilot said:

Yes the oilers cut him. Thank you Oilers!

Hey, give them a break. He's a white WR... 9 times out of 10 it's the right move!
mike_ags_fan12
Just rambling in my head but does anyone else ever catch commentators comparing skill players to other skill players of the same skin color. For instance, I remember Edelman being talked up by someone and they compared his route running to Welker or largent. Why can't he be compared to a black athlete?

Maybe it's just me.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Agnzona said:

Didn't the Houston Oilers drafted and then cut him?
Yeah, but who would've thrown him the ball? Oliver Luck, Gifford Nielsen? I guess Warren Moon in his latter years.
Bonfired
AG
He would have had Dan Pastorini for some of that time in the late 70s...not amongst the great QBs, but no scrub, either.

Oilers traded Largent for a '77 draft pick...8th rounder. Oops.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.