Teddy Bridgewater injured during camp

8,871 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bonfarr
htownag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just keep seeing this listed as what's being fixed "to repair ACL and other structural damage". It seems as if they are hiding all the damage or just summing it up to be lazy. Now he might have less than what I did, but his injury is definitely a lot worse than just a normal ACL. If the other ligaments aren't torn, they are severely stretched. That'll make his knee really loose. I'm thinking he at least tore another ligament and possible 1 side of the meniscus.

gougler08
AG
They don't bring out ambulances for normal ACL tears...there has to be something else wrong that they're masking with "other structural damage"
Bunk Moreland
nm...was answered above.
BBQ4Me
AG
PHI has done really well this offseason.
From Scheft:
Now the Eagles know the value of what it cost to trade up to the No. 2 overall pick to nab North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, the quarterback the Browns determined was worth passing on in the same spot.

Philadelphia sent five picks to the Browns: the No. 8 pick in the first round, a third-round pick, a fourth-round pick, a first-round pick in 2017 and a second-round pick in 2018. The Eagles received a fifth-round pick that will likely rise to a fourth-round pick because of the league's compensatory system.

But in return for Sam Bradford, who was expendable because Philadelphia traded up for Wentz, the Eagles got back a first-round pick and fourth-round pick that could go as high as a second-rounder from the Vikings.

The net cost was this: The Eagles traded a third-round pick, a fourth-round pick, cornerback Byron Maxwell and linebacker Kiko Alonso (whom Philadelphia used to trade up to Miami's eighth overall pick), a second-round pick in 2018 and the $11 million it paid Bradford this season in exchange for Wentz and a conditional fourth-round pick. That's some serious wheeling and dealing to potentially set up your franchise for the next 15 or so years.

There was another hidden benefit to the trade of Bradford to the Vikings. Philadelphia unloaded Bradford's salary and freed up $24 million against its salary cap: $7 million this year and $17 million next year, when it needed the cap space.

In fact, multiple league executives and coaches remarked that they felt the Eagles paid $11 million to procure extra picks in future drafts. They thought that was the least talked about element of a constantly talked about trade. Philadelphia paid for picks.

So while the Vikings got the quarterback they had to have, the Eagles got back the picks and cap space they needed. It's a win for the Vikings and a major win for the Eagles, who now know the true cost of what it took to get the player they identified as their must-have franchise quarterback, and to give him his first start against a Cleveland team that did not view him the same way.
Wife is an Aggie
Didn't see a Vikings/Packers game thread so figured I would bump it here.

Only 1 game.. Not going to blow my load or get overly excited as we all know Bradford is very capable of making any throw and the real risk with him is durability and staying healthy but as a Vikings fan watching him play and connect with Diggs through the night was awesome!

The Vikings need to get the oline fixed and the running game. Hopefully AP isn't out too long and we can get the run game figured out.. Bradford will not last if he is getting crushed every game.

So far though loved what I saw out of Bradford last night.
Iowaggie
AG
Bradford did look good, but if that protection doesn't get better, Bradford will again be dealing with injury.
It is possible that he's not calling the right protection, but they weren't pushing anybody out of the way when Petersen ran the ball on designed run plays.

Diggs looked great.
gougler08
AG
The Packers interior DL was on top of Bradford the whole game. Amazing he didnt get hurt worse
W
AG
time will tell how much the spur of the moment trade for Bradford hurts the Vikings long-term...but in the short-term it was a disastrous one.

The Eagles will get Minnesota's 1st round pick which should be in the 13 to 15 range
Sooner Born
The saving grace is that if Teddy comes back healthy, the Vikings should be able to get something for Bradford. It won't be a first rounder but they should be able to salvage some value for him. If Teddy doesn't, then it hurts but you can't really look back...they had an incredible defense and a pretty good offense primed for a playoff run. Nobody could predict the injuries at OL they were about to face.
gillom
AG
Not to mention AP going down. You have a 30 yr old HOF RB and a good D... your time is now. If AP gets hurt before Bridgewater, they don't make that deal. Sucks that it didn't work but they had to try.
Agnzona
NFL Fox guys just said Sam is the QB of their future not Teddy and they said the Vikings front office believe that too.
Sooner Born
Agnzona said:

NFL Fox guys just said Sam is the QB of their future not Teddy and they said the Vikings front office believe that too.

I can believe it. He's had a great season, all things considered. That makes teddy the trade bait if they can get him healthy.
LeFraud
gillom said:

Not to mention AP going down. You have a 30 yr old HOF RB and a good D... your time is now. If AP gets hurt before Bridgewater, they don't make that deal. Sucks that it didn't work but they had to try.

AD people, it's AD. Not AP, but AD.
Wife is an Aggie
You have to remember the Vikes started out 5-0 and looking good. This team was plagued by injury after injury which turned the mediocre OL to a terrible OL. Sam did pretty good given the circumstances.

Hell even Zimmer got hurt and had to sit out a game!
W
AG
interesting how the bloom came off the Zimmer rose. From 5-0 to 8-8.

it's tough to blame injuries. The Texans for example sent 14 players to I.R.

the Eagles will pick #14 or #15 (for Bradford)
gillom
AG
I know what his nickname is. I chose to use his initials.
Sooner Born
According to those who do analysis better than I do...

Quote:

-The Minnesota Vikings (by IIT-av, weighting by 2015 quality of players) have been the most impacted by their injuries.

-The Minnesota Vikings (by IIT-wav, weighting by career quality of players) have been the most impacted by their injuries.

-Injuries to J.J. Watt, Teddy Bridgewater, and Adrian Peterson are among the top IIT-av injuries (metric weighting by 2015 quality of players) in the league.

-Adrian Peterson is also the highest IIT-wav injury impact (metric weighting by career quality of players) followed by J.J. Watt (2nd) and Jay Cutler (3rd).

https://www.mangameslost.com/end-nfl-2016-regular-season-games-missed-due-injury-january-2-2017/
BMX Bandit
5th year option not picked up by Vikings
bonfarr
AG
Give Johnny a call, Bradford wont last the season either.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.