Teddy Bridgewater injured during camp

8,899 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bonfarr
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy goes down on a no contact injury and grasps knee

quote:
About 25 minutes into practice, Bridgewater went down and trainers rushed to talk with him. Bridgewater was reportedly grabbing at his left knee.

Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press tweetedthat some players threw their helmets down and cursed, and that some knelt in prayer around Bridgewater. Brian Murphy of the Pioneer Press called it "a bad scene."

Turns out he was rushed to hospital in abulance

Macarthur
Dang
Agnzona
Wow the non contact ones always seem the worst.
Engine10
AG
gougler08
strohag
AG
Rumor is some players were throwing up on the field after seeing the injury
bilbobag
Reports of players vomitting it was so bad
Engine10
AG
Shades of the Louisville NCAA leg break, I'm assuming. Just terrible.
FtBendTxAg
AG
What. The. F.

Poor guy
VikingNik
AG
Damn. That is crazy. Hope he can realize a full recovery.
CrottyKid
AG
I wonder if he broke the femur if it was so sickening.
jr15aggie
AG
I can't help but wonder if he's got some sort of condition they didn't know about. If he simply planted after dropping back to pass and his leg snapped in half! Sounds like something else is wrong with him. T&P!
bdgol07
AG
Heard on the radio that the ems call was for a dislocated knee. Gotta think it's something like Willis McGahee had in the fiesta bowl but somehow without the contact. Hopefully he can make a recovery and play again next year but I have doubts that he could if there's nerve damage and a full reconstruction that's needed
miller0926
AG

jr15aggie
AG
How in the heck does that happen dropping back to make a pass?
bilbobag
His knee just gave out, what's weird is it was first reported as dislocated knee which means multiple ligaments but now saying ACL.. Whatever it is, just hope it doesn't have any nerve or blood supply damage
txagman1998
AG
Damn, brutal for the Vikings fans. Lost a home playoff game last year on a shanked chip-shot field goal, then lost the franchise QB for the season this year during the final preseason practice less than three weeks from their first regular season home game in a new stadium against the hated Packers.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
quote:
His knee just gave out, what's weird is it was first reported as dislocated knee which means multiple ligaments but now saying ACL.. Whatever it is, just hope it doesn't have any nerve or blood supply damage
Report from Vikings training staff was that the nerve and vascular structures were intact. Everything I'm seeing is still calling it a dislocated knee, however.

Which is really a freak injury on a non-contact play. Usually that happens in motor vehicle accidents or occasionally in sports with a significant force perpendicular to the knee with a planted foot. Best guess I have is that Bridgewater's ACL went spontaneously (happens occasionally) at a very unlucky time with his weight distributed on his left foot during his drop back, compromising multiple ligaments.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Iowaggie
AG
Time to have some coaches fly down to Kiln, MS and connect with the ol' gunslinger
W
AG
tough thing for the Vikings...they lose a year of evaluation during Bridgewater's first contract. He'll have played 3 years in the league and thrown a grand total of 28 TD passes
txagman1998
AG
Vikings trade two picks, 2017 1st and 2018 4th, to Eagles for Sam Bradford. I'm sure they hate to trade draft picks, but having made the playoffs last year and opening a new stadium this year, I think it makes sense for them to try and salvage the season. Plus, this gives them an option next year if Bridgewater runs into any hurdles during his recovery.

For the Eagles, this means they are all-in with Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel from week 1. This is good news for the Cowboys as I expect they will win both games against a team that should be a complete non-factor in the NFC East.
ATM9000
AG
The Eagles aren't good, but the Cowboys defense should be a complete dumpster fire and they are starting a 4th round pick at qb. That 10/30 game is no gimme with Romo back and definitely not one without him.
txagman1998
AG
I think that's a bit to pessimistic of an outlook. I understand your concerns, however, Philly is now in complete rebuild mode, and Dallas will be at home coming off a bye week. With enough time for Prescott to have settled in at QB, I'll take the Cowboys.
SilverTongueDevil
quote:
Vikings trade two picks, 2017 1st and 2018 4th, to Eagles for Sam Bradford. I'm sure they hate to trade draft picks, but having made the playoffs last year and opening a new stadium this year, I think it makes sense for them to try and salvage the season. Plus, this gives them an option next year if Bridgewater runs into any hurdles during his recovery.

For the Eagles, this means they are all-in with Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel from week 1. This is good news for the Cowboys as I expect they will win both games against a team that should be a complete non-factor in the NFC East.
Wow I know the Vikes are desperate but cant believe they gave up that much for Bradford. Terrible trade. Have they not seen Bradford play the past 6 years?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
^
This. Unless the Vikings have inside information suggesting that Bridgewater is not going to be able to come back from this, you don't give up a first round pick to rent a quarterback for a year. Particularly if that quarterback is Sam Bradford.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ATM9000
AG
I don't have a problem with a rental in their situation. They've got a nice team and Peterson is at a point where he has a year maybe 2 left where he's a freak of nature RB. You lose him and you have nothing special on offense. Your window to even possibly contend shuts then.

Short version: their window is shorter than everyone thinks and is about to close... Have to go for win now.
txagman1998
AG
Sure the Vikings overpaid, but they were in a bad spot. Given the options they had, try to salvage the season by trading a first round pick for an average quarterback or risk going 4-12 with a backup quarterback in a brand new stadium, I think they picked the least bad option.
Wife is an Aggie
It's not like the Vikings are expecting to have a top 10 pick next year.... Most likely something in the 20s.... How many draft picks don't work out? Bradford can make all the throws and he has never played on a good team. This Vikes team will be by far the best team he has played on. Durability is the thing here but who else were they going to get? Sanchez? Kaepernick?

I'm fine w the move. The Vikings have some extra draft picks in the coming years and Rick has done a pretty good job on draft day in the past.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The Vikings likely would have a top ten pick with Shaun Hill at QB...

And so what if Bradford is serviceable? They already have a serviceable quarterback!

Like I said, unless Bridgewater is done after this injury, this is a one year rental. First round draft pick is way too high a price for that.
Wife is an Aggie
Teddy isn't Aaron Rodgers or tom Brady... He went what 14-10 last year... The defense and AP alone will put them in possible playoff contention. And if Bradford has a good year the Vikings are then holding two serviceable qbs and will surely be able to leverage that to get something back.

The Vikings realize they have a team capable of going the way and AP may only have a couple years left in him and aren't going to just write this year off bc teddy went down. I like it.
W
AG
wow, can't believe the Vikings gave up a 1st round pick for Bradford.

gonna be the Eagles & Titans show during the NFL draft next year...they both have two 1st round picks...and those may all be top 10 or top 15 picks
htownag10
AG
Crazy enough I did this exact same injury back in March. Freak accident playing basketball. My knee basically looked like a zigzag or S. Tore ACL, MCL, PCL, Stretched my LCL. Tore both meniscus and had damaged the cartilage on the end of my femur. Ended up having ACL surgery, Removed the torn part of the lateral meniscus, stitched back down my medial meniscus and had microfracture surgery. I'm very lucky to have healed the way I did.

It's a medical emergency. Ambulance must be called. There is a high risk to artery and nerve damage. Luckily I didn't have any of that. I could feel the nerve just burning the whole time while it was out. They sedated me to put it back in and I stayed in the hospital over night to monitor my leg.

The odds are heavily against Teddy. Only 1 NFL player has ever come back from a dislocated knee and that was Willis McGahee and he still wasn't what he used to be. More than likely his career is over. He'll be a pocket passer at best. T&P for him though.
gougler08
AG
Holy hell that's nasty
BBQ4Me
AG
It didn't sound like he had nearly as much damage as you're describing. Did they say anything other than ACL?
COOL LASER FALCON
Yikes. I'm not normally squeamish, but that one is not easy to look at.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.