Fantasy Football League

13,264 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TxAggies2012
aggiefreak5080
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
J.D. c/o 05 started up a league that I, and a few others I believe, missed out on. If there is enough interest, I will start a league.

I'm thinking $100 entry, paid through leaguesafe.
ESPN, standard everything. QB,RB,RB,FLEX,WR,WR,TE,DEF,K,Bench(7)
10 or 12 team league
Draft sometime before the end of the month
Who's interested????

byoung1052
AG
If we can get 12, then count me in.
TxAggies2012
I will play as well, but I agree it has to be 12. Not interested in any league smaller than that.
drew319
AG
I may have interest, need to know when the draft would be. How will you handle waiver/transactions? LeagueSafe is good and I agree on 12 teams, not interested in anything smaller.
TxAggies2012
well we got 4 pretty quickly. 8 more to go.

My opinion for a draft would be a week-night after 8pm central that everyone could agree on. I would think that's probably the best window that everyone can find an open night to fit in.

I'd also like to do the draft the week of the 24th-28th. The closer to the season the better. But I'm flexible on that.
aggiefreak5080
S
I like drafting later as well. Time to weed out all of the arrests and injury prone players...
I would like to draft after 8/9 pm central on week night. That's when I can finally wind down, kids in bed, etc...

The other league I am in uses season ranking for waiver order. Worst team gets first choice basically, and so on...

If we get enough to play, I wouldn't mind this being a long term keeper league. These are some of the rules from my other league.

You can keep up to two players from one season to the next, and you can KEEP any one player for no longer than three seasons in a row.
Other details:
1. Any players drafted in rounds 1 thru 3 of the previous year cannot be keepers. This keeps the top players in the player pool year to year.

2. For each player you keep, you must give up a draft pick 2 rounds higher than the players draft position the year before. Any players kept in rounds 1 or 2 cannot be keepers the following year. Any player kept in round 3 will be a first rounder.

3. Players you got via free agency count as 14th-round picks, so if you're keeping one you give up your 12th-round pick. If you're keeping two, you also give up your 11th-rounder, and so on.

4. Players you got via waivers or trades maintain their draft position. Let's say another owner drafted Rob Gronkowski in the 10th round then dropped him in need of another RB
and you grabbed him up off waivers. You'll need to give up your 8th-round pick to keep him on your fantasy team.

Thoughts???
byoung1052
AG
Agreed on draft time being week night close to start of season.

I would be interested in the keeper aspect and don't mind the rules proposed, but would probably prefer to get a year under the belt before determining whether a keeper league is something everyone wants to do.
aggiefreak5080
S
Good Idea on the one year wait for keepers.
TxAggies2012
agree to wait on keepers for a year to see what kind of league we have.
drew319
AG
A week night works fine for me. Can we start at 8:00 or 8:30 CT? I like closer to the season also. I have a couple of prior commitments in early September but the end of August or September 8-9 works good for me.

I play in a similar keeper league so I am fine with keeper or redraft. Is ESPN a free site? I have not used for FF, have used MFL and NFL.com.
Bonfired
AG
I'm interested, and am good with the week of August 24-28 for a draft. August 31 is the only night before the season starts that I have committed to something. I also agree with waiting a year before deciding on keepers and such.
Bonfired
AG
I might be in the minority on this, but I like doing waivers/FA using FAAB...it's a much fairer system. It's no deal breaker or anything, but it adds an element of management that's interesting.
drew319
AG
I also prefer using FAAB (blind bidding) for waivers. The other leagues I play in use it and it is a much more fair system. It is also a lot more fun than using worst to first waivers.
aggiefreak5080
S
I was planning on snake draft, I hope everyone is ok with that? FAAB is fine with me.
byoung1052
AG
I'm not familiar with FAAB, I'm fine if someone provides a brief crash course
Bonfired
AG
quote:
I'm not familiar with FAAB, I'm fine if someone provides a brief crash course
Everybody gets a "Monopoly money" budget of some specified amount ($100, call it), and for a length of time to be determined, usually 2-3 days, all players on waivers can be bid upon. The bidding is blind. However much you think the player is worth, bid it. High bid wins, and if there is a tie, then waiver order breaks the tie. At the end of the waiver period, any unclaimed players are free agents and at that point it's first come, first served. If you want to bid $0 just to lay a claim on a player (usually a D or K), you can do that, too.

If you spend all of your money, then you're SOL as far as bidding, so use it wisely. $100 was usually plenty, and I only recall one person running out of "money."

The last time I was commissioner and used FAAB, I gave the high scorer of the week $5 extra in their FAAB account as a small recognition of doing well.

I really like it and prefer it to standard waivers.

byoung1052
AG
Gotcha, that works for me. Sounds like it makes waivers more entertaining.
byoung1052
AG
Sounds like we've got 5 so far.
Redraft league in year 1.
ESPN standard scoring and lineup.
FAAB waivers.
Snake draft.
TxAggies2012
we're in no rush, but I'd like to find 12 somewhat relatively soon just so we can set up the league and get the finances taken care of, etc.
aggiefreak5080
S
Yeah, the earlier the better. I've put out a few feelers along with this thread. Thanks guys for the feedback.
gillom
AG
Im in for seasonal. Already in a demanding dynasty league but a season league sounds good.
aggiefreak5080
S
Half way there
aggiefreak5080
gmblake
AG
I am in if you are still looking, just let me know. What was discussed above works for me, pretty flexible on draft times also, what were you thinking for payout and playoff schedule? Nothing worse than dealing with Week 17 IMO.
aggiebonzo
AG
I'm in if there still is room.
TheCougarHunter
AG
I'm down if the draft is before the end of August. Leaving the country early September but can still play.
ApachePilot
AG
I'm in
aggiefreak5080
S
Playoffs weeks 14 - 16. 8 teams make playoffs. Week 17 unused.
Payout, 60/30/10

Thats 10 members so far

Please PM email addresses so i can get invites out
TyHolden
AG
In ( if room )
aggiefreak5080
S
That makes 11. I have sent invites to those who sent me email addresses. Once we get a full league, I will sent the link to leauguesafe so we can get everyone paid up and get this party started.
TxAggies2012
I'm in, thanks
Jack Bristow
AG
still room?
drew319
AG
Got in, thanks.
aggiefreak5080
S
I believe we are full Jack Bristow. If for some reason someone backs out, you are first in line.
aggiefreak5080
S
If you havent sent email please do so asap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.