Browns absolutely quit on Manziel

19,520 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RockPrairie
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one played hard for him.... Josh Gordon play was the highlight of the whole game.

What a pathetic effort by a 'professional' team
Off_The_Wood
AG
There is a difference between getting beat and quitting. I didn't really see any evidence that they "quit"
45-70Ag
AG
Playoff long shot.

They played like they know their season is done. A rookie QB making his first start and needing the win to remain in contention..........Not a great story line.

Should have put jff in three weeks ago.
Josh Painter
quote:
There is a difference between getting beat and quitting. I didn't really see any evidence that they "quit"
Because all those missed blocks by the Browns OL were not evidence of quitting?
BMX Bandit
Hilarious thread. Please post more on this.
Fsanmig
Awful debut ... No way to spin it
Roman Empire
AG
You can't quit if you never started.
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
Browns absolutely quit on Manziel
Stop making excuses for how he played today. He was absolute crap and a lot of that is on him. It was not the defense that threw those INTs. Hell even the commentators were saying you cannot just throw balls up in the air like that. JFF was also throwing high on way too many balls and he made some terrible decisions on the zone read. It's a team sport for sure but the team that was fighting for their playoff lives did not quit on him. That is just stupid to post that.
Old Man Bob
Wasn't able to watch it. Were the 2 INT's his fault or catchable balls?
. . .
They all played like Brown today.

Traveler
AG
"Johnny sucked so the Browns must have quit on him "

These boards are the gd worst sometimes....
AggieSouth06
Yeah he was awful guys.
coupland boy
AG
Bengals came to play. Browns played pretty bad including Johnny. Move on.
Sock Puppet
both INTs completely on him. bad footwork on 1st. awful decision throwing it up for grabs on 2nd.
Knife_Party
Whole team played bad. In every phase of the game. Bad play by JFF. Oline, defense, and special teams did him no favors. They won 7 because everyone else was helping Hoyer. D played great in a lot of those games. Not today.
GhostRider76
AG
I didn't see any fire in the team at all...No one making plays...a few of those passes were catchable.... Bengals in the backfield before he could even hand the ball off... Bengals were coming in unblocked....
daryl gersch
AG
I agree with the OP. The browns played like they were not going to give a great or even good effort. The LT Thomas the so called leader of the Offense played very half hearted.
aggiehawg
AG
Johnny looked like a rookie today, no doubt. Tried to force things instead of taking what the D was giving him, which was damn little. But if the Browns really are determined to have him be a pocket passer, they need the personnel to provide a "pocket." They didn't have that today.
superbowlringd
Conservative bad play calling at the start. Is Stav. their OC? Not all Johnnies fault, Browns got behind and after that Bengals new what was coming.
Aginnebraska
AG
JFF didn't do himself any favors but Bengals scored of 4 of the first 5 possessions and only one of those was a JFF turnover. Defense put a rookie QB in a terrible situation.

JFF didn't deliver the home run shot that all of us hoped but this was a terrible performance today on the OL and D in the first half. Also, the running game only had 53 yards. Yes 53 yards. Any team with a first time QB starter in the NFL that can't deliver more then 53 yards rushing is going to lose. When you have a rookie QB, it is usually incumbent on the OL and running game to step it up to give the QB some time to think. That didn't happen. More than once, I saw an O-lineman just stop blocking because he thought the play was over and let the defense run by him.
Swagmanag
Not sure if OP is serious? The whole team let Johnny down? Here's a tip, underthroen balls will be intercepted. The DBs were breaking on everything becaue they don't beleive Johnny has an arm.
Frisco - Ag
AG
He was terrible. Period.
AggieRJM64
AG
JFF had one of the big DL on top of him right after the snap, all day long. They simply would run past the Cleveland OL.

The defense could not stop Hill or #25 all day.

I have not seen this since the first Troy Aikman season with the Cowboys. Give JFF a better OL and he will be fine. Those interceptions were his fault for trying to do too much. If you are an Aggie and hate JFF please take it somewhere else!
bbb78
AG
He actually had 3 picks, but one was called back on an offsides penalty. Two were definitely on him, the 3rd was a tip, but he had thrown behind the receiver.
bbb78
AG
Seems like Dalton had a stinker of a game 2 or 3 weeks ago and ESPN was going off on him.

Johnny needs to have a least one good game to build on.
DM44
Johnny needs some help, like:

1. An LSU running back,
2. Alabama's offensive line, and
3. Auburn receivers + Mike Evans

Then, he needs:

1. Some maturity and needs to quit making himself a target...stop the money thing.
2. Protect the ball. Don't make bad decisions throwing the ball.
3. Study his butt off, just like other QBs. All successful QBs spend their time learning how to be an NFL QB.

Aggiedave1998
Rookie played like a rookie. He'll get better.
underthesea
AG
not really, he's just not as good you think he is.
Space91
AG
Johnny made bad decisions. The Browns line sucked and the receivers dropped some balls they should have caught.

Overall a pretty bad day.
chipotle
Johnny belongs on the browns. Misery loves company. I'm actually starting to think highly of Hoyer now.
combat wombat™
AG
Old Man Bob3:24p

the announcers said those were catchable balls. They said that the receivers need to start hanging on to the balls.

I tend to disagree with a lot of you people. I don't watch a lot of professional ball, but it seemed to me that he simply played like a rookie today. He's got alot of learning to do still. Some of the ints would havebeen avoidedif receivers caught catchable balls. Also, he didn't seem to have a lot of time in the pocket.
Claud
Johnny played bad but his team was awful around him. The majority of nfl QBs would have looked bad with the way the Browns O-line played.

Peyton Manning had 3 TDs and 11 Ints in his first 4 nfl games.

Johnny will bounce back from this.
Katz05
quote:
Old Man Bob3:24p

the announcers said those were catchable balls. They said that the receivers need to start hanging on to the balls.

I tend to disagree with a lot of you people. I don't watch a lot of professional ball, but it seemed to me that he simply played like a rookie today. He's got alot of learning to do still. Some of the ints would havebeen avoidedif receivers caught catchable balls. Also, he didn't seem to have a lot of time in the pocket.
what are you talking about. The first pick was an under thrown ball and the second was him just throwing the ball up. Not one receiver dropped a ball and then it was picked
Deputy Travis Junior
The entire Browns team was awful including Johnny.

That said, no 1st-time starter in the history of the NFL would make good decisions and accurate throws under that much pressure. You have to give a rookie QB time to throw and a bit of a running game. The Browns gave Johnny neither. He was under siege all day, and his panic was almost palpable through the screen.
Nitro Power
AG
You guys are funny and pathetic... So he sucks.. Typical Aggie response.. Blame everyone else.. He's not a good nfl prospect.. Period
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.