Keenum is the Best QB in Houston

5,727 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bobby Jimbo
Bobby Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After watching the game yesterday, I believe that Case Keenum is the best QB on the Texans. I know Matt Schaub is going to start every game for them this year, but do you at least see Keenum moving up in the depth chart above TJ Yates? Is Keenum the QB of the future in Houston?
Farmer1906
AG
It doesn't really matter who #2 is. And no he isn't the future.

[This message has been edited by aggie1906 (edited 8/10/2013 10:41p).]
mm98
AG
I see Keenum moving to #2. One veteran player told me he didn't think the offense would miss a beat if Case was the starter, too. I hope he is groomed for the replacement.
Mr.Bond
AG
Keenum is a solid #2 but not the future qb IMO
Original Toad Boy
He will get his chance to be the #1 once Schaub is cut after this year.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
He will get his chance to be the #1 once Schaub is cut after this year.

Houston will be drafting a qb in the 1st rd this year if they cut Schaub
Original Toad Boy
True but as uh grad he will get a shot
rlag09
AG
No one gives a **** were he graduated from in the nfl.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

NickNaylor
I bet more Cougar High grads cheer for A&M or t.u. than UH.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:

It matters. You would never see a qb from Southern Miss, Delaware, Miami(OH) or Northern Iowa winning a Super Bowl.

Original Toad Boy
It does matter especially in houston..to say he wont get a shot is stupid.
752bro4
AG
quote:
It does matter especially in houston..to say he wont get a shot is stupid.
if the Texans didn't draft hometown son Vince Young, why would you think they'll give Keenum any special treatment? This truly is one of the dumber statements I've ever seen here.
Mr.Bond
AG
The recent logic on this thread is stupefying
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Okay, let's think this through logically.

He's more mobile and can throw on the run better than Schaub, which is more of what I want to see.

Besides experience, what does Schaub have over Keenum?
Farmer1906
AG
Schaub is more accurate, more accurate on the move, makes better decisions, and is a better QB.
bilbobag
There is a lot of logic to this thread by the OP..

Troll away
CFTXAG10
AG
I will gladly eat crow if it happens, but Keenum won't start over Schaub as long as Matt stays in Houston. Also, they gave him the extension for a reason. The guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I will give credit to Keenum though for growing a lot from what he looked like last year. He seems to know the system very well and I think he could really challenge Yates for the #2 spot. I think the 2nd pre-season game we will see him get some work with guys higher up the depth chart.

[This message has been edited by CFTXAG10 (edited 8/11/2013 4:39p).]
Original Toad Boy
So the premise that Kennum will get a shot to to be the number 1 once Schaub is gone is outlandish?

uh huh.ok..please see Tony Romo

quote:
f the Texans didn't draft hometown son Vince Young, why would you think they'll give Keenum any special treatment? This truly is one of the dumber statements I've ever seen here.

Here is the thing you can't prove why this is stupid can you?

[This message has been edited by Original Toad Boy (edited 8/11/2013 5:38p).]
CFTXAG10
AG
They don't need a hometown or even home state QB to sell out reliant stadium. If he can continue to develop his game over next few years and eventually become starter material then it might happen, but for now the idea that he is better than Schaub isn't reality. Although many don't want to accept it, Matt is the starting QB and thats not changing anytime soon.
bilbobag
The Texans have a waiting list that just keeps getting longer. Selling out the stadium isn't a problem.
Farmer1906
AG
The 2014 draft class of QBs is deep.

Bridgewater
Boyd
AJ
Murray
Manziel
Hundley

We will take one of these with the 26th pick.
Buck Compton
AG
I think Murray is going to be a player. He would be drafted to sit a la Aaron Rodgers though. The Texans would have to be confident that he was their next guy though, because there are more pressing needs that could help us win now. Odds are that he is long gone before the Texans pick though.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'd take Aaron Murray in a heartbeat. For some reason his stock has fallen. He would have been first qb in this past years draft
Ryan34
AG
Keenum attending UH may have influenced the Texans' decision to sign him, but it won't impact the decision to play him.
gougler08
AG
Murray would be an absolute steal for a late 1st round pick

And Schaub > > > Keenum
HotardAg07
AG
He looked great in the first preseason game, but he did have to make a bunch of awkward throws because of his height and none of his throws really required any arm strength. He's got the same noodle arm as schaub. I could see him taking over the #2 spot.
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:
True but as uh grad he will get a shot

You've said some really stupid things, but this might top them.

If the Texans were desperate for putting butts in the seats, maybe this would be the case, but they sell out every game. Hell, even JAX which is desperate for increased attendance steered clear of Tebow.
Furlock Bones
AG
wow, there is a lot of dumb on this thread.
keenum may wind up as the no. 2 and just barely over Yates. he is not and will not ever be a no. 1 QB.

why do people constantly think the preseason equals actual football?
CFTXAG10
AG
August All-Stars
PascalsWager
AG
We have the 13th best QB in the league and the 10th best QB of the 12 in the playoffs. That's so good that other QBs should never be discussed. Schaub will lead us to the of the playoffs (or be dragged there)!
E
AG
quote:

why do people constantly think the preseason equals actual football?

Because he looked above average against 3rd teamers dammit!
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
We have the 13th best QB in the league and the 10th best QB of the 12 in the playoffs. That's so good that other QBs should never be discussed. Schaub will lead us to the of the playoffs (or be dragged there)!

a qb that is at the very least worse than 32 other qbs should not be discussed as a starter.
DevilD77
AG
All of you saying Keenum won't be a starter in the NFL are selling him short. We'll just have to wait and see how he performs when it counts. I believe he will surprise all you doubters.
ac
Kennum's great performance came against the Vikings' #3 unit. It may earn him a roster spot but he's a long way from taking Schaub's place. And let's not forget that TJ did come through when it counted under difficult circumstances (i.e - a playoff win). Aren't people going a little overboard here?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.