Do some NFL players not wear jocks underneath their pants?

57,281 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ac04
GetThoseKeysMilo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a serious question.

Yesterday I was watching the Cowboys game with my g/f and as I left the room to go get a beverage, I heard her say "wow you can see that guy's..." We rewound the DVR and there it was on an Eagles linebacker, outlined clear as can be right through his pants. Once you see that and it is pointed out to you, you can't help but notice it again. One of the Cowboys' defensive backs late in the game had his running down his right leg, as if defending that pass caused him to get excited.

Not trying to be a prude here, but that's just something that you don't expect to see on TV and something that I've never really noticed before.

Have the pants gotten thinner or what?
Danny Duberstein
Your girlfriend is telling you something.
Aston04
AG

This thread delivers.
old-Rudyjax
They were compression shorts.
PooDoo
AG
If your girlfriend liked that you might want to record a few days of the NFL Draft Combine for her.
old-Rudyjax
It's funny cuz it's true.
jr15aggie
AG
Yep, I never wore a Jock in high school over 12 years ago... but I wore a pair of tights that also held my thigh pads. Those offered much more support than the strap that was nothing more than a hammock!!
helgs
AG
it's simple - wearing a cup slows you down. In the pros, you HAVE to be fast, so they will take the occasional c*k shot for a chance at keeping their job.
old-Rudyjax
jock /= cup
Danny Duberstein
yeah, jock doesn't equal cup, but nonetheless, page 2 has even done an article on the cupless NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/040922
Goldie Wilson
quote:
Yep, I never wore a Jock in high school over 12 years ago... but I wore a pair of tights that also held my thigh pads. Those offered much more support than the strap that was nothing more than a hammock!!
this
Danny Duberstein
between playing a combined 20+ years of football and baseball, the only time I wore a jock was when I played some catcher (gay joke protected) in junior high so that I could wear a cup to prevent catching a foul tip in the nuts. otherwise, it was always some sort of support/padded/sliding shorts.

[This message has been edited by Danny Duberstein (edited 1/4/2010 1:59p).]
astros45
i don't see how anyone could play catcher and not wear a cup, just stupid
Danny Duberstein
Me either. The ***** of those seasons was that I was almost always a shortstop for those seasons just like pretty much every other year I played baseball, where I'd prefer to free-ball it (we'll, technically just stick with sliding shorts but that feels like freeballing vs. jamming an uncomfortable hunk of plastic down around your junk). Needing to be cup-ready complicated my adolescent baseball-playing life for a couple of seasons.

[This message has been edited by Danny Duberstein (edited 1/4/2010 2:45p).]
GetThoseKeysMilo
I see some of your points, but I've been watching football for a long time and just assumed everyone wore some sort of device (whether it be a jock, compression shorts, or whatnot) that kept their dingalings from being clearly visible through their pants. I mean, Jeremiah Trotter left nothing to the imagination...every wrinkle, vein, everything was showing. It was like he had absolutely nothing on underneath his pants.
Guitarsoup
AG
I preferred to put my cup in and have it held in place by my compression shorts rather than wear a jock when I played catcher. I had to adjust more, but it was much more comfortable.
double aught
AG
Seems like lots of players don't wear any pads in their pants these days, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

And I don't know what that linked article is talking about. No one I knew in high school wore a cup during football season. Baseball was another story.
JuliusCaesarAggie
quote:
I mean, Jeremiah Trotter left nothing to the imagination...every wrinkle, vein, everything was showing

you should write for Penthouse Forum

-----------------------------------------------------------
birdman
Most NFL players wear a jock strap.

Along the same lines...Some Oakland Raider lost his pants a few games ago. He was linebacker or something. He was around the pile and came up, but his pants didn't. They were still around his ankles. Guy had a jock on, so they wasn't anything R-rated, but it was hilarious.
BMX Bandit
from sporting news:

http://fantasy-images.foxsports.com/images/dynamic_images/images/2351/9944/69127.jpg

i'll post a link rather than picture so as not to offend the mods or excite the pvsherwoods

[This message has been edited by BMX Bandit (edited 1/6/2010 7:15a).]
old-Rudyjax
watty
AG
The real question is why does BMX have that link ready?
BMX Bandit
crazy new invention called "google"
Danny Duberstein
not sure i could bring myself to type in the words necessary to get the appropriate google hits.
Aston04
AG
Anyone playing organized baseball without a cup is freaking dumb.
ORAggieFan
I started wearing a cup catching in 2nd grade. Once I got used to it I couldn't take a ground ball at any position w/o it. I didn't play a lot of football, but no way in hell I was playing w/o it when I did.
Raider00699
I played football (kicker) in both high school and college, and most of my team, myself included, always wore a jock. It's the best supported hands down. We didn't wear cups but yea most of us all wore jocks. The support does t even come close to compression shorts, which again, is why , most of is wore jocks
jr15aggie
AG
The rookie with a decade old bump. WTF mate!?!
SgtBarbarossa
Some weird **** when googling your name there, rook
91AggieLawyer
AG
birdman said:

Most NFL players wear a jock strap.

I obviously don't do a check (like they did on us in jr. high) but I don't think ANYONE wears an actual jock strap. Most wear a cup (some might wear a soft version) inside a girdle or pair of tights. The shorts have evolved but all have a pocket for the various pads, including cups.

I'd bet the last time someone wore an actual jock (like I wore in jr. high and high school football) in an NFL game was no later than the 1999 season. Maybe 5 years later at the absolute latest but I've been hearing about the girdles and have known about the short tights with the cup pocket for over 20 years.
62strat
AG
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

One of the Cowboys' defensive backs late in the game had his running down his right leg, as if defending that pass caused him to get excited.
Uh... yeh that probably wasn't his 'excited' size. Do you know anything about stereotypes?
Southlake
Ever watch track and field? The sprinter singlets are paper thin. Hilarious to watch them flopping down the track.
ac04
Southlake said:

Ever watch track and field? The sprinter singlets are paper thin. Hilarious to watch them flopping down the track.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.