rumors that steve mcnair dead in murder suicide? (just read this)

4,775 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what?

on front page of this website

found a new link

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643962

[This message has been edited by Yankees (edited 7/4/2009 3:20p).]
Token
AG
well they took the story off?
Token
AG
holy crap the tv station had reported this on live tv, now they are holding off

[This message has been edited by Yankees (edited 7/4/2009 3:17p).]
Hincemm
AG
very upset to hear about this. always enjoyed the way he played the game.
Syd_X_Barrett
NBC just announced it.
MexAg05
AG
on ESPN as well...
misterguinness
AG
I, for one, am very saddened by this. Seemed like a man of quality character. Apparently he has a son who is a pretty good WR. Real shame.....
McInnis 03
AG
Twitter is lighting up with this, the first rumor was that he was killed by his wife, then she turned the gun on herself.

The next rumor was his wife did NOT do it, that he was killed by his mistress who then killed herself.

Then the rumor that both the mistress and steve were killed by the wife.
W
AG
wow, shocking and sad news

I'm sure the real story will come out soon, but it does appear to be part of a double homicide
W
AG
the Nashville newspaper is describing the female deceased as "unidentified"

so more than likely it was not his wife who was dead beside him
AgDC
ESPN says the wife was in Mississippi.
Syd_X_Barrett
It gets more interesting. So, did the wife hire someone, or did the other woman's man take care of it?
hrnsk
However it went done, not good.
Trucker 96
Tragic. Also seems like it's going to end up with his dirty laundry being aired.
Biz Ag
W
AG
yes, we know that McNair was a great football player, and we'll find out in the next 2 or 3 days if he was also a great man (so to speak).
FatherOfRyan
AG
W, this is exactly what I am saying. I am no adulterer and I don't approve of that sort of thing. But if we are declaring that men who follow their peepee's are "bad men" than you have to include people like JFK and MLK and numerous other people we consider "great men."

Sorry, you can't pick and choose.

[This message has been edited by FatherOfRyan (edited 7/5/2009 7:18p).]
MookieBlaylock
AG
I don't consider either JFK or MLK great men b/c of their transgressions. I def don't consider McNair a great QB and it is looking like picked the wrong girlfriend
Aston04
AG
^Even if he was cheating and this is just a silly message board anyway, probably not the appropriate tone imho.
FatherOfRyan
AG
quote:
I don't consider either JFK or MLK great men b/c of their transgressions.

Yeah, and if I asked you that at random you would have claimed they were one of the greats. But because we are talking about adultery they're turds.

quote:
I def don't consider McNair a great QB and it is looking like picked the wrong girlfriend

I guess it all comes down to your definition of great. From 1999-2003 he won more games than any other quarterback. He brought the Titans to
two AFC Championships, 2 divisional championships, 4 playoff appearances, and a 5-4 playoff record. That's not counting Super Bowl XXXIV where he saw the game end on the Rams 1 yard line. He was also voted league co-mvp for the 2003 season along with Peyton Manning.
Bag
AG
quote:
and we'll find out in the next 2 or 3 days if he was also a great man

so, not cheating, aka, doing what you are supposed to do = great man.

Wow, the bar has certainly been lowered...
W
AG
unfortunately in the world of professional sports the answer is often yes. And that's a shame.
FatherOfRyan
AG
quote:

quote:and we'll find out in the next 2 or 3 days if he was also a great man

so, not cheating, aka, doing what you are supposed to do = great man.

Wow, the bar has certainly been lowered...

I think he is asking himself if his adultery outweighs his philanthropy in the eyes of the American public. We embrace the work of MLK as a civil rights activist and leader but we shield our eyes to his adultery. Nobody is saying Steve McNair is MLK but I will say that we should hold our leaders to a higher standard than our professional athletes, and if that's the case than McNair shouldn't be dragged through the mud.
mts6175
AG
Father, what's your relationship with McNair? Just curious since you are posting on every McNair thread & live in Nashville, not trying to bash.
birdman
His father signed McNair.
BMX Bandit
he is VY.
FatherOfRyan
AG
Birdman is right, my dad drafted Mac. I was the spoiled kid in the war room when he arrived in Houston. Seriously...

More importantly I had the pleasure of knowing him. I saw him do things that kind people do. Things that I wouldn't do. So I feel obligated to speak up for that part of Steve.

And I don't live in Nashville anymore. I have to figure out how to change that. My original name on here was gotitans1.

[This message has been edited by FatherOfRyan (edited 7/7/2009 12:11a).]
FatherOfRyan
AG
quote:
he is VY.

Sort of. Only more pasty, fatter, slower and less agile. But I am an Aggie, so I got that on him.
BMX Bandit
hows NE working out for the old man?
cone
AG
hey everyone else looking at this thread

this fatherofryan fellow's father is floyd reese

allegedly

[This message has been edited by SuperDave03 (edited 7/7/2009 8:01a).]
Bulletproof Tiger
Growing up we had a family friend that was as great a guy as could be, except for one thing he was a philanderer. He was exceptionally considerate and generous to all, and he loved his wife but he could not stay faithful.

He was a flawed guy but in the end I would say he was a good person. I know his wife loved him but was hurt by his indiscretions.

I am in no way condoning adultery (personally I abhor it) but I could not bring myself to hate or even judge this family friend due to all the really good things he did.

I think it is probably the same for those who actually knew McNair.
W
AG
Good column by Jason Whitlock today for FoxSports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9777174/Don/'t-be-so-quick-to-make-McNair-a-hero

Excerpt:

"We can quit calling Steve McNair a great leader now. Leadership starts at home.

And I'm no longer all that interested in hearing about the community service work McNair did in Tennessee and Mississippi. Service to community begins at home, too."
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
We embrace the work of MLK as a civil rights activist and leader but we shield our eyes to his adultery. Nobody is saying Steve McNair is MLK but I will say that we should hold our leaders to a higher standard than our professional athletes, and if that's the case than McNair shouldn't be dragged through the mud.

While I agree about leaders being held to a higher standard because of their high visibility to anyone that looks. I would, however, argue that this scenario is no longer valid. Athletes are the ones looked up to now, people can name(me included)far more professional athletes than even name their elected officials. The price of making millions as an athlete is your private life. So then when you screw up, the media will turn it into front page news.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Growing up we had a family friend that was as great a guy as could be, except for one thing he was a philanderer. He was exceptionally considerate and generous to all, and he loved his wife but he could not stay faithful.

He was a flawed guy but in the end I would say he was a good person. I know his wife loved him but was hurt by his indiscretions.

I am in no way condoning adultery (personally I abhor it) but I could not bring myself to hate or even judge this family friend due to all the really good things he did.

i too know a couple of men close to me who are great great people, who unfortunately though cant keep it in their pants or stay faithful. i mean i see the way they go out of their way to help others, do volunteer work, do charitable stuff and are just generally good hearted people..but they just cant stay faithful to the woman they love.

while its wrong no doubt, i just have a hard time being overly vocal about condemning them.

FatherOfRyan
AG

quote:
While I agree about leaders being held to a higher standard because of their high visibility to anyone that looks. I would, however, argue that this scenario is no longer valid. Athletes are the ones looked up to now, people can name(me included)far more professional athletes than even name their elected officials.

That says something about us as a people. But just because you label an athlete a community leader it does not make him one. Politicians run for that position. They put their lives in the spotlight. Athletes put their ability to run, catch and pass in the spotlight.

quote:
The price of making millions as an athlete is your private life. So then when you screw up, the media will turn it into front page news.

The guy got murdered in cold blood. It's possible he cheated, but what does that have to do with you? The reason this made the news is because he was MURDERED.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.