Job Network
Sponsored by

Software Quality Engineer - Oncology Management (CA or Remote)

821 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by VashtaNerada
BayAreaAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We develop products which help manage and advance the treatment of cancer care. We are currently looking to add a software quality engineer to our team with a focus on test automation.

Our core team is based in Sunnyvale, CA, but the position can be remote. This is a Senior Level position, but we are open to less experienced candidates or those looking for a career change into software development.

If you are interested in additional information, take a look at the job links below where you can apply within. I can also try to answer any questions which you may have as well.

LinkedIn Job Posting
Elekta Job Posting
m-walker
AG
How strict is the bachelors degree requirement? My sister has a decade experience in medical software, on the job hunt.
BayAreaAg02
AG
m-walker said:

How strict is the bachelors degree requirement? My sister has a decade experience in medical software, on the job hunt.
Equivalent experience could potentially offset it. E.g. we have had very good success bringing on folks who have clinical domain experience such as therapists but had limited technical experience or education.

Really just depends on the individual and if they can demonstrate the willingness / ability to grow into a development role as a quality engineer.
jakal0722
Hey BayArea, my wife is interested in this but not at a Senior level. She worked in Oncology Cytogenetics for a decade. After stepping away, she went through a 6 month coding bootcamp and is now looking for positions. I saw you mentioned training and she would love to have a place to learn/grow.
BayAreaAg02
AG
I would definitely encourage her to apply and not let the level discourage her. She looks to have an interesting background and going through a coding bootcamp certainly helps.

I do have visibility on the applicants for this role and can help in setting up future discussions. If she does apply, feel free to let me know so I can make sure her resume gets reviewed.
jakal0722
Thanks! Will work on application tomorrow.
jakal0722
Hey BayArea - wife just applied for this position. Look for Emily K.
SJEAg
AG
Hi BayAreaAg02,

Do you have a contact email? Or can you reach out to me at sje2081 at hotmail? Thanks!
VashtaNerada
I'm looking for a career change, but more along the lines of updating my tech stack and working with some processes that I don't have experience with in a production environment. I sent an application in, the description sounds like you're looking for people to write automated unit tests and potentially some testing against or writing acceptance criteria. Is that somewhere in the ballpark of what you're looking for?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.