Job Network
Sponsored by

FP&A Manager or Sr Financial Analyst?

1,649 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieMainland
AggieMainland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a long shot but might as well try to take a break from Linkedin. Anyone working for companies hiring FP&A Managers (I'd consider Sr Fin Analyst as well but probably focused on manager level search until March). O&G background but I'd like to get experience in another industry. Diverse background in data analytics tools thanks to my Masters degree (SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, PowerBI, Tableau) but not an expert in any of those. Obviously, advanced Excel skill. Experience with both SAP and Oracle (but not SAP HANA).

Zero experience with Anaplan but thats only thing I've wanted to learn. Hard to get good experience with Anaplan without working for a company with Anaplan. Not a requirement at all but definitely a preference.

Based in Dallas but open to move outside of Texas for the right opportunity. In office, hybrid, remote are all ok options.
Macpappy99
AG
This position just posted in my department. I don't know any details other than what's in the posting.

https://jobs.mdanderson.org/search/jobdetails/finance-manager/e349927a-047c-4f2b-942d-170c081b8274?utm_campaign
AggieMainland
Macpappy99 said:

This position just posted in my department. I don't know any details other than what's in the posting.

https://jobs.mdanderson.org/search/jobdetails/finance-manager/e349927a-047c-4f2b-942d-170c081b8274?utm_campaign
Much appreciated since its not something i'd come across in my regular search.
walkhome
Mainland, shoot me an email. Atownsend at keesafety dot com
TXAGGIES
Do you have any manufacturing or costing experience?
Buford Tannen
AG
I am a partner in a boutique CPA/consulting firm and we have a robust FP&A/consulting practice with multiple clients in various industries. if you'd like to try the consulting world as opposed to industry, we could potentially have a discussion here.
AggieMainland
TXAGGIES said:

Do you have any manufacturing or costing experience?
Yes. Last 5 years were more on the manufacturing side over 6 plant locations.
Deputy Travis Junior
Would you give a little more info on fp&a consulting and what you do? Not job hunting right now, but that's something I've mentally kicked around for a couple years so I'm curious what it looks like.
Astroag
AG
AggieMainland said:

This is a long shot but might as well try to take a break from Linkedin. Anyone working for companies hiring FP&A Managers (I'd consider Sr Fin Analyst as well but probably focused on manager level search until March). O&G background but I'd like to get experience in another industry. Diverse background in data analytics tools thanks to my Masters degree (SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, PowerBI, Tableau) but not an expert in any of those. Obviously, advanced Excel skill. Experience with both SAP and Oracle (but not SAP HANA).

Zero experience with Anaplan but thats only thing I've wanted to learn. Hard to get good experience with Anaplan without working for a company with Anaplan. Not a requirement at all but definitely a preference.

Based in Dallas but open to move outside of Texas for the right opportunity. In office, hybrid, remote are all ok options.

Check Crowdstrike's site and lemme know if anything interests you.
99StationAG
AG
If you haven't already done so, have a look at the Fuji openings. There are a couple of positions that popped up in an email I receive, such as in the link below), for the B/CS location. I believe they have a Carrollton location as well.

https://uscareers-fujifilm.icims.com/jobs/22062/senior-financial-project-analyst/job

Just a thought. Best of luck!

WB

Buford Tannen
AG
sure, what's the best way to contact you. i can send you some details we are hiring like crazy in that space right now.
DonaldFDraper
AG
My firm is more on the Data Analytics consulting side but we align our offerings to functional groups (Accounting, Finance, FP&A, Supply Chain, etc.).

Our FP&A practice has grown rapidly over the last 18 months primarily around Workday Adaptive Planning. Often coupled with Alteryx, Tableau, Snowflake, RPA, etc.

Offices in Dallas, Houston, and Denver but we're all 100% remote.

It seems like potentially a good fit. Send me a DM or post your email.
AggieMainland
DonaldFDraper said:

My firm is more on the Data Analytics consulting side but we align our offerings to functional groups (Accounting, Finance, FP&A, Supply Chain, etc.).

Our FP&A practice has grown rapidly over the last 18 months primarily around Workday Adaptive Planning. Often coupled with Alteryx, Tableau, Snowflake, RPA, etc.

Offices in Dallas, Houston, and Denver but we're all 100% remote.

It seems like potentially a good fit. Send me a DM or post your email.
That sounds very interesting. Here is my email aggiemainland at gmail . com
DonaldFDraper
AG
Sent!
AggieMainland
Update: I'm employed! Did not expect things to move so fast. Thank you to all that reached out. Lots of interesting options out there that I never thought of.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.