Job Network
Sponsored by

HIRING: Educators (formal or informal) for Corpus Christi

1,668 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SWCBonfire
BarbellaKat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work for an organization called Learning Undefeated. We're a non-profit organization that run mobile STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) labs. We're starting a new program in Corpus Christi and need two educators to join our team to teach hands-on activities on the mobile lab and in the classroom. The job would start as early as June.

If you're interested you can apply here: https://www.learningundefeated.org/about-us/our-team/join-us/

Let me know if you have any questions about the company or the position!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Why is race and gender equity the focus? Why not focus on core principles of STEM?

Learning Undefeated is driving race and gender equity in STEM through experiential and deep impact learning experiences for students from under-resourced communities.

Raptor
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Why is race and gender equity the focus? Why not focus on core principles of STEM?

Learning Undefeated is driving race and gender equity in STEM through experiential and deep impact learning experiences for students from under-resourced communities.

Programs like these are helping schools that do not receive the same funding as affluent schools. These underserved schools do not have discretionary funding for STEM programs or activities, beyond what they can do with simple classroom supplies. Most of the lowest schools have minority populations. As far as gender, I'm assuming there's still a push for more women in science, however I taught science for 6 years in two Title I schools and gender equity was never an issue. That experience was in DFW, so Corpus Christi may differ.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

SWCBonfire
AG
Raptor said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

Programs like these are helping schools that do not receive the same funding as affluent schools. These underserved schools do not have discretionary funding for STEM programs or activities, beyond what they can do with simple classroom supplies. Most of the lowest schools have minority populations. As far as gender, I'm assuming there's still a push for more women in science, however I taught science for 6 years in two Title I schools and gender equity was never an issue. That experience was in DFW, so Corpus Christi may differ.

Even adjusting for inflation, I can practically guarantee these schools have budgets that dwarf the 3A school I attended before engineering at A&M.

Spending per student is likely higher than ever. And now everything can be found on youtube.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.