Job Network
Sponsored by

Land man in Fort Bend County

996 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wiggletrace
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a random one.

My parents recently inherited mineral rights to 500+ acres in fort bend county. They're wondering about value (obviously). I was thinking they should get connected with a landman to asses it's commercial mineral value?
SmithAg18
AG
I would try posting this on the outdoors board. You'd probably get a better response there
ryange05
AG
I am an oil and gas attorney and it depends on several factors. Company, location to other wells, drilling in the area or lack thereof, etc. Feel free to email me at jasone02@hotmail.com and I can give you some pointers when dealing with this.
birdman
First figure out if it's held by production.

Check things out on Ford Bend CAD. That will give you a rough value.

A rough estimate for value is 3X annual royalties.
Wiggletrace
AG
As mentioned above, you need to determine if there are any wells that are producing either as a lease well or if the acreage has been part of a oil and gas production unit. There are several ways to find that out.

If so, you'll be able to track down the revenue through the county or the operator or record.

If not, you would need a geologist to assess whether there is any potential for the area.

I am a consulting geologist and can help if needed.

Michael '03
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.