Job Network
Sponsored by

Retiring from military in 3 years

953 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JBLHAG03
zip04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As the subject states, I am approximately 3 years from retiring from the Navy.

Background/education:
Surface Warfare Officer - currently the Commanding Officer of a warship
Will be retiring as a Commander (O-5) with 20 years in the Navy

Bachelor's of Science in Agricultural Development - Texas A&M
Master's of Science in Human Systems Integration - Naval Postgraduate School
Master's of Art in Christian Leadership Studies - Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
Systems Engineering Certificate - Naval Postgraduate School

Frankly, I have spent more time away from my family than with over the last 3 years, so we are ready to retire and move on to the next chapter of our lives rather than seeking my next promotion in the Navy. Ideally, we want to live Northeast of San Antonio or Northwest of Austin and I would like a job with a predictable schedule and very little to no travel.

I will be comparing the different military headhunters and working with one of them in the near future as well, but figured I would reach out on here. From what I have seen, and been told, it is best to start this transition about 3 years out. My primary reason for posting on here is to see if there are any headhunters that are Aggies, make contact with anyone else who has transitioned out of the military, etc.
Bonfire1996
AG
Reach out to Cameron Brooks in Fredericksburg. They are headhunters for specifically retired military and have amazing connections at Fortune 500 companies. Given where you want to live, this is a no brainer.
zip04
AG
I appreciate the recommendation. I will reach out and see what they say, but it looks like they specialize in Junior Military Officers with less than 12 years of experience.
JBLHAG03
AG
Appreciate your service.

I work for Wells Fargo, and we have a great military hiring group.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.