Job Network
Sponsored by

I am looking to connect with Headhunters/ Recruiters (Houston)

1,169 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deadhead aggie
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am attempting to start reaching out with my contacts to find a new opportunity, but am struggling in this area. Turning on the "I'm open" switch on LinkedIn doesn't seem to do much and applying to jobs blindly has been a colossal failure so far.

I have always been considered a top performer and my experience revolves around the following fields :

Buying/ Purchasing
Inventory Management
Inventory Control
Financial and Demand Planning
Project Coordination
Contracts (creating and negotiating)
Cost Controls
(And of course coaching and officiating football if you know me from the other boards)

I'm open to something different if that's what best fits, but I'm truly looking for a company I believe in and a long term career - somewhere I can spend the next 20-30 years and take pride in the work I do. I do need to stay in Houston, or could consider remote opportunities with or without travel. I'm also open to 1099 (contractor) work as my wife has all the benefits I'll need. I'm hoping to connect with a headhunter or recruiter…. or maybe even someone here who is hiring.

I'm being a little vague on purpose as I don't want there to be a chance for it to get back to my current employer, but I'm willing to discuss everything via PM or email (Username@aol.com)
Petrino1
Go on Linkedin and see which recruiters are posting the jobs you are interested in, then connect with them. You have to really narrow your search because an accounting/finance or IT headhunter wont be able to help you in your job search.
mm98
AG
We have some opportunities in those areas. Company HQ in Pasadena. You may be slightly overqualified for some positions but roles are popping up all the time.

Email me your resume

ryange05
AG
I find indeed much more helpful. Less politics and social media bs from people. If you are willing to try something else, highlight general and broad experience on your resume using buzzwords from the actual posting. Have found luck in some of this. Hang in there, it's an employee driven world right now.
CoachRTM
AG
Thank you - email sent. You can remove your email address if you want.
deadhead aggie
AG
i suggest you connect with Matt Scanlon with Purple Tree Recruiting on LinkedIn.......he's out of the Phoenix area, but the guy has a lot of insight into Supply Chain Management opportunities across the country......he's well-versed in all things SCM, so it's nice to work with a headhunter that speaks your language.....

same goes for Bob Engel with WG Consulting.......great guy that i've know for decades.....he's much more in tune with SCM roles in the Houston area..........

good luck !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.