Job Network
Sponsored by

Approaching an employee of competition

1,679 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgResearch
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a position available and have identified a person from a competitor who I think would be a fit. How is the best way to approach this person? He is not on linked in, only email I have is corporate. I do have a cell #. Should I text him asking for private email address? Thoughts?
aggie_wes
AG
Call his cell outside of business hours and tell him what you're looking for and ask if he's interested. If so, ask for a personal email address... Don't overcomplicate it.
Ags-R-Better
If it's me, I'll take it…if it's not me, I'll take it.

Petrino1
Text him the job specs and ask if he's interested.
Sorrell Booke
Ok, I have a meeting set up after discussing position and confirmed interest. Next question, in discussing salary, how do I check and see if what I am prepared to offer is a competitive market offer? I have a small business and haven't had to hire an executive position before. Any thoughts on this?
AgResearch
AG
Ask them what it would take to make the move. Negotiate from there with a total package. Don't make it difficult. Either you can get close or you can't. I didn't fault the companies that couldn't get close.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.