Job Network
Sponsored by

Workday/HR role opening - Houston

3,060 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Shumba
CLB2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here with 1-2 years Workday experience (bonus points if its in Workday Recruiting looking for a new role?
Need to hire someone asap. O&G company.
Let me know if interested and I can get you my email.
Howard Roark
AG
Are you looking for someone technical (configure Workday / work with integrations) or more of a day to day HR person who will only be using Workday?
CLB2008
AG
This person will be in charge of troubleshooting and resolution to issues that our recruiting team experiences within Workday. This often times involves correcting the issue and training on best course of action.
This person will also be heavily involved with our internal recruiting processes and procedures, compliance auditing, and training of new recruiters in Workday.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I may know someone but they may be more senior than what you're looking for and they're also not in Houston. Thoughts?
CLB2008
AG
For the right person, I would entertain remote.
Salary cap is mid 60s
Howard Roark
AG
CLB2008 said:

Salary cap is mid 60s
I recommend you find a young go-getter internally and pay to send them to Workday training. The Workday market is hot right now; I would be suspicious of anyone accepting that kind of salary with enough experience to do what you're looking for.

But I'm a suspicious person...
Petrino1
Howard Roark said:

CLB2008 said:

Salary cap is mid 60s
I recommend you find a young go-getter internally and pay to send them to Workday training. The Workday market is hot right now; I would be suspicious of anyone accepting that kind of salary with enough experience to do what you're looking for.

But I'm a suspicious person...
Agreed. An HRIS Workday person is going to demand a lot more than 60k, most likely double that. The OP is looking for an entry levelish Workday person to configure and solve Workday issues. He needs someone way more experienced than that.
TX_COWDOC
AG
I know someone that would do well with that role. Send me your email-

CLB2008
AG
Sent
Ezra Brooks
AG
This
Quote:

Anyone here with 1-2 years Workday experience (bonus points if its in Workday Recruiting looking for a new role?

And this
Quote:

This person will be in charge of troubleshooting and resolution to issues that our recruiting team experiences within Workday. This often times involves correcting the issue and training on best course of action.

This person will also be heavily involved with our internal recruiting processes and procedures, compliance auditing, and training of new recruiters in Workday.

Are not the same.

And for a O&G Company (at least not an Operator, maybe a Services or Equipment co) do not equal this

Quote:

Salary cap is mid 60s

It just highlights a wild discrepancy that I see in HR salary (and roles/responsibilities really).

I'm a 20 year HR Vet in the Upstream O&G Operator space I've been in the market a while looking for Manager/Director roles. I've had a lot of conversations that just highlight how varied HR is in a lot of companies. I've had some conversations about some pretty meaty jobs with with smaller companies looking to pay well less than I made when I exited the MS/HR program in 2001.
Petrino1
Ezra Brooks said:

This
Quote:

And this
Quote:

Are not the same.

And for a O&G Company (at least not an Operator, maybe a Services or Equipment co) do not equal this

Quote:

Salary cap is mid 60s

It just highlights a wild discrepancy that I see in HR salary (and roles/responsibilities really).

I'm a 20 year HR Vet in the Upstream O&G Operator space I've been in the market a while looking for Manager/Director roles. I've had a lot of conversations that just highlight how varied HR is in a lot of companies. I've had some conversations about some pretty meaty jobs with with smaller companies looking to pay well less than I made when I exited the MS/HR program in 2001.
Agreed, Im in HR as well as a Corporate Recruiter, and its crazy to see the different pay scales. Ive seen HR Manager jobs posted on Linkedin paying $80-90k/year, meanwhile some of the HR Managers I worked with at an oil and gas operator were making $200k+.

Its the same for Recruiters. Ive seen Recruiter postings that were paying $50-60k, and just recently I saw a posting for $200k lol.
topher06
Think some employers are really struggling to accept the inflation as well. It won't be just what you pay to vendors that increases, you will start losing employees/struggling to fill if your comp packages don't go up with inflation.
Petrino1
topher06 said:

Think some employers are really struggling to accept the inflation as well. It won't be just what you pay to vendors that increases, you will start losing employees/struggling to fill if your comp packages don't go up with inflation.
Agreed. Im supposed to get a 4% raise this year and Im thinking that its not much considering inflation was 6-7% last year lol.
Ezra Brooks
AG
ea1060 said:

topher06 said:

Agreed. Im supposed to get a 4% raise this year and Im thinking that its not much considering inflation was 6-7% last year lol.
Imagine sitting in a comp role knowing that your team proposed 5% for the salary adjustment budget for this year last summer and it got knocked back to 3%, as usual.

Our bonus paid out today, I'm expecting quite a few resignations in the next few weeks and I doubt it stops if management proceeds with 3% increases.
Prince_Ahmed
ea1060 said:

topher06 said:

Cost of living =/ cost of labor. HTH
Petrino1
Ezra Brooks said:

ea1060 said:

topher06 said:

Imagine sitting in a comp role knowing that your team proposed 5% for the salary adjustment budget for this year last summer and it got knocked back to 3%, as usual.

Our bonus paid out today, I'm expecting quite a few resignations in the next few weeks and I doubt it stops if management proceeds with 3% increases.
Agreed. I got hired on last year at a crappy covid salary because of the conditions at the time. Well since then the market has exploded and so have salaries for HR folks. I had a talk with my boss about this yesterday at my performance review. I told her that Im getting hit up everyday on Linkedin by other companies paying 50% more than what Im making lol.
Astroag
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

ea1060 said:

topher06 said:

Cost of living =/ cost of labor. HTH

It better if you want to hold on to your talent.

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Shumba
AG
Yeah, I'm a Workday Sr Analyst. The Workday market is super hot right now. Basically, Workday is a closed ecosystem so the only people who have Workday skills are people currently using Workday or consultants that implement Workday. 60k won't get you either one of those. As someone said, you can find a young go-getter and throw them into the deep end, but it's going to take a while for them to be up to speed. You other option is finding a small consulting firm to help get you guys up and running until you find a good candidate. Either way, it's going to be expensive.
KT_Ag08
AG
There are very, very, very few employers approving a 7% budget across the board increase for flat headcount especially at larger companies. You give the 7% to your higher performing folks and the 3% or lower to the rest. Some of those people will leave but then again so will some people paid at the 90th percentile of the market. It doesn't mean it's the right thing to do it's just the reality of things right now. Even in tech, budgets are only coming in around 4% on average right now.
Howard Roark
AG
OP,
How did this turn out for you - were you able to find a good fit? Just curious to hear your experience with finding an experienced Workday hire.
CLB2008
AG
Howard Roark said:

OP,
How did this turn out for you - were you able to find a good fit? Just curious to hear your experience with finding an experienced Workday hire.

Found someone at 57k that had 3 years of Workday experience, mostly within an admin/coordinator function. Training has been minimal because of her experience with Workday, so its going well so far.
lancevance
How does one learn workday?
Petrino1
CLB2008 said:

Howard Roark said:

OP,

Found someone at 57k that had 3 years of Workday experience, mostly within an admin/coordinator function. Training has been minimal because of her experience with Workday, so its going well so far.
You got very very lucky. That person could be making double that literally anywhere else lol.
Petrino1
lancevance said:

How does one learn workday?
Work in HR or HRIS at a company that uses Workday.
Howard Roark
AG
ea1060 said:

CLB2008 said:

Howard Roark said:

OP,

You got very very lucky. That person could be making double that literally anywhere else lol.

Lol right?! This is also my reminder to never go to industry though, yikes.

OP, now tell us which partner implemented you and give us all the gossip on how it went with them
Shumba
AG
Yeah. I too would like to know who the implementation partner was. I also agree that you are lucky to find someone at that salary. Are they actually doing configuration or just keeping the lights on with Workday. How many employees do you have in your Workday team? I've been a team of one at a couple of stops, and it's no bueno. I'm curious how many other Workday folks are reading this thread? Raise your hand if your are a workday analyst.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.