Job Network
Sponsored by

Client Success Manager

1,367 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bthotugigem05
BwdAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nm

Charlie Murphy
Happy to hijack this thread since this original message was deleted.

Anyone have experience in these types of roles? My career is making a semi-natural progression towards this and I'd like to increase my understanding.
bthotugigem05
AG
I work in Client Management but it all kinda depends on how people define the difference between Client Success and Client Management, for some firms it's the same and for others it's very different (strategic vs. tactical).
m-walker
AG
In my world as a customer usually worthless position in charge of collecting annual software maintenance.
bthotugigem05
AG
m-walker said:

In my world as a customer usually worthless position in charge of collecting annual software maintenance.
Basically.

Ok ok I kid. I'm in charge of helping my customers (who are some of the largest financial institutions in the world) find solutions using my knowledge of our products (and how my clients use them) along with my ability to navigate the internal bureaucracy at my firm to get things done.

Most of what I do is strategic in nature but I've been at my company for 13+ years so I can still dip down into the tactical day-to-day stuff as well.

I protect revenue, as m-walker said, but I also bring in salespeople at the right time to help grow it as well.
m-walker
AG
This guy gets it!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRoULVgb/
Charlie Murphy
Any chance I could pick your brain a little?
bthotugigem05
AG
Charlie Murphy
got it. thanks
500,000ags
AG
General question, in your firm, do people in the CSM org have sales quotas?
bthotugigem05
AG
We don't but it's not uncommon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.