Job Network
Sponsored by

Question - Business Etiquette?

1,401 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ORAggieFan
DDub74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you interview someone and like them, and then send them a employment offer, should you expect . . .

1. at least an email or phone call confirmation of receipt? Like hey I appreciate it and will be in touch in X days.
2. Response within a week?
3. How long do you wait until you say "offer is off the table since you didn't respond"?

Or is this just how this younger generation of workers operates? I have heard stories of companies sending offers and then they ghost you like your dating
ktownag08
AG
Our process makes this easy...

1) We always verbally agree to terms first.
2) Once terms agreed, the written offer with 7 day expiration date is emailed out to candidates previously verified info. If we don't receive a copy in the specified amount of time or a damn good reason why someone cannot return it by then, we move on.

Extremely rare we deviate from above as explaining why we need a new written offer approved to business unit CEO needs a very solid argument.
aggie_wes
AG
Agree with ktown. Although personally if I send someone an offer and don't hear back within 24-48 hours to at least confirm they received it, I am probably pulling the offer.
oldschool87
AG
DDub74 said:

If you interview someone and like them, and then send them a employment offer, should you expect . . .

1. at least an email or phone call confirmation of receipt? Like hey I appreciate it and will be in touch in X days.
2. Response within a week?
3. How long do you wait until you say "offer is off the table since you didn't respond"?

Or is this just how this younger generation of workers operates? I have heard stories of companies sending offers and then they ghost you like your dating

You mean like you interview with a company and you never hear anything back????
Petrino1
Yes the candidate should acknowledge that they received the offer shortly after getting it, and say if they accept or they need some time to think about it. However, you should've verbally extended the offer to the candidate first, and get a feeling for where they're at.
Flatlander
If you have not given the candidate any sort of verbal notification for them to expect an offer, they may have not even seen it yet. It could be sitting in a junk-mail folder if you sent it via email. Could be who-knows-where if you sent if via regular mail.
htxag09
AG
My current company emailed me the offer, then about 30 minutes later HR called to discuss. I'd recommend this or calling to discuss then emailing. Either way, as the potential employee, I'm telling them thanks, I'll review and get back to them.

Also, the email was via docusign and had an expiration of 5 days or something like that. So it was well known the timeframe they were respecting a response by.
ORAggieFan
Only send written after agreement verbal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.