Job Network
Sponsored by

Headhunters/Recruiters

1,607 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruiserag2020
cruiserag2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know how to get in touch with any of these? I've contacted a couple recruiters on LinkedIn but not getting much reply back. I am looking to make a career transition in the next few months/year.

Irish 2.0
Industry preference will help people point you in the right direction
Rudyjax
AG
cruiserag2020 said:

Anyone know how to get in touch with any of these? I've contacted a couple recruiters on LinkedIn but not getting much reply back. I am looking to make a career transition in the next few months/year.

I'm not sure what you mean by career transition. Are you looking for a new job in the same profession/industry or looking to change your career?

If you're looking to change your prof/industry, it's really hard and recruiters aren't your best resource.
Recruiters/headhunters get paid by finding someone that is a perfect fit for a new job. They aren't paid to say, this candidate can do the job but has never done it before. They're paid to find the person that can do the job. So, unless you're a perfect fit for a job, they may respond, but they can't help you.

Career changes are done when someone personally knows the value of what you can do in any role and let you do that.

Now, if you're looking for a similar industry/profession, that's easy. Look for job postings and what they posted, and contact them. Every recruiter has a niche market. You have to find the right ones.

DM me and I can look at your profile and steer you in the right direction.
Petrino1
Google whatever industry you are in + staffing agencies or recruiting firms. That should get you a list of recruitment firms that specialize in your industry.
cruiserag2020
Thanks for the replies.

I'm open to any industry. I have spent my career is higher education and people management. So anything that would translate to I am open to.

I'll google and reach out to those on this thread. However, I don't have PM so can you post an email or email me at cruiserhead2020@gmail.com?
Petrino1
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

cruiserag2020 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by career transition. Are you looking for a new job in the same profession/industry or looking to change your career?

If you're looking to change your prof/industry, it's really hard and recruiters aren't your best resource.
Recruiters/headhunters get paid by finding someone that is a perfect fit for a new job. They aren't paid to say, this candidate can do the job but has never done it before. They're paid to find the person that can do the job. So, unless you're a perfect fit for a job, they may respond, but they can't help you.

Career changes are done when someone personally knows the value of what you can do in any role and let you do that.

Now, if you're looking for a similar industry/profession, that's easy. Look for job postings and what they posted, and contact them. Every recruiter has a niche market. You have to find the right ones.

DM me and I can look at your profile and steer you in the right direction.

I just read the OP's last comment and the above is spot on. Recruiters wont be able to help you much with a career transition. Their clients dont pay them to find a person working in higher education that wants to transition to another industry. They pay them to find someone that is basically a carbon copy of the job description.

The OP's best bet is to utilize his network that could potentially get him a job somewhere.
Petrino1
cruiserag2020 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm open to any industry. I have spent my career is higher education and people management. So anything that would translate to I am open to.

I'll google and reach out to those on this thread. However, I don't have PM so can you post an email or email me at cruiserhead2020@gmail.com?
You are going to really have to narrow down and focus on what it is you want to do. You cant just talk to a potential employer/recruiter and say well Im open to whatever you have at the moment. Thats the equivalent of a recent college grad with a liberal arts degree saying well I dont know what I want to do, but Im open.

Do some research, talk to people, network, get active on Linkedin. Find out what it is you really want to do, where you want to work, then do your due diligence to see how to make it possible. It wont be easy, but nothing in life is easy.
jtp01
AG
It's been my experience they find you when a job in your industry pops up. That's happen to me twice in the last 2-3 years with "independent" recruiters both times for jobs with a current competitor.
cruiserag2020
Thanks for all the help again! I definitely know a career change takes work and time. Just looking for all tidbits of information and advice. I've reached out to a few people in my network and have some things set up for more information.

I guess my initial thought for the thread was more for and employment agency/recruiter rather than a specific industry and job to get more help with the transition. Working on the jargon from higher Ed and converting it to a job I am interested in. I got some help and contacts so thanks again!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.