Job Network
Sponsored by

Thinking about a Career Change (from ministry)

2,181 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by one MEEN Ag
OKCAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, fellow Ags. I thought I'd just get some advice. I'm getting to the point where I'd be open to a transition. Only problem is that I've been in this "field" of pastoral ministry for 20 years. I know that I have marketable skills like communication, leadership, vision casting, and management skills. I've been a senior pastor for the last 6 years, and my current church is pretty large. I have a doctoral degree.

I just don't really know how that would translate and into what industry. Any advice?
12thMan9
AG
Take the Birkman. I'm 56 & just took it. 25+ years in medical sales & can't seem to get back in(ageism anyone) so trying to see what else I maybe good at.

Of course, prayer is very useful.

Good luck!
Ronnie '88
Koko Chingo
AG
Is counseling too similar of a career field? There is a great need for counselors.

You can work for an organization or be on your own.
aTmLoKi
AG
Following - similar Career Path.
78bc3
AG
https://www.aggienetwork.com/careers/
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
StinkyPinky
AG
How about getting your Professional Project Management Certification? Leverageable to any industry, and sounds like you people, organizational, and arbitration skills would be a good fit.
one MEEN Ag
AG
With your experience, I wouldn't just jump to 'a job' but something you're passionate about.

What are the things you really enjoyed about being a pastor, what do not ever want do again, and what have you not attempted professionally that interests you?

I know a couple people who have transitioned out of ministry after lengthy careers. They became home builders or sales, or small business managers. Most weren't interested in doing something religion related, but wanted to go be godly men doing something purely business related.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.