Job Network
Sponsored by

Strong writer looking for work

1,209 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TyHolden
SpicyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm currently looking for a full-time job or a publication/newspaper/website that I could write regularly for. Would love to write about sports but I can write about any topic if given enough time to research. Please DM me if you're interested or have any questions. I'd love to share my email and website with you.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ever thought about resume writing? The people that praise your work will write it for you and the rest well easy money as you just inject the same 10 words and charge 500 which is like 1000 an hour

SpicyAg
AG
That's a great idea!
BBRex
AG
What kind of experience do you have? Are you good with numbers? Do you love writing or are you good at it?

To be honest, I left the newspaper industry about eight years ago now. It's tough to break into, and even tougher to make much money at if you're just starting out. There are some specialty companies in Houston that specialize in the oil and gas industry, and they are often looking for people. Platts, Argus and ICIS are the names I know. That could be an option. Also, the school districts sometimes post writing positions, so that might be somewhere to look, as well.

I don't know if you saw today, but The Athletic, which has sort of been taking in newspaper sports reporters, fell out of merger talks with another company and is supposedly hoping to reach a deal with the New York Times. If something happens and The Athletic goes under, that's going to make the sports reporting market really tight.
Rudyjax
AG
SpicyAg said:

I'm currently looking for a full-time job or a publication/newspaper/website that I could write regularly for. Would love to write about sports but I can write about any topic if given enough time to research. Please DM me if you're interested or have any questions. I'd love to share my email and website with you.
Start writing in the meantime and submit it to things like GoodBullhunting or even Texags.

Writing is a skill and the more you do the better you'll get.
TyHolden
AG
Want to write my novel?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.