Job Network
Sponsored by

I know, I know Another Former teacher/Coach looking to make a change

2,671 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by WoodlandsAg90
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

I wanted to go ahead and post that I am now currently in the hunt for new employment. In the past I have taught and coached in High school, as well as done the same in middle school, stepped back from coaching last year to allow more time for the family. I previously also did sales for an Outdoor living company designing and selling outdoor living structures across SE Texas, I was the first million dollar salesman in the companies history and I really enjoyed what I did but I saw some changes coming to the company which I felt would lead to decreased income but not very mush in terms of hours. Those foresights along with my wish to get a job which fit closer with my wife's schedule resulted in a change. I was working 6-7 days a week, 80-100 plus hrs/ week during the summer when my wife and kids were off from school and then when I had slow time through the winter her schedule was still very busy.

The current teaching position I am in the principal has told me is being considered to be phased out and has recommended I look to transfer in the district or look elsewhere because she does not have an opening for me at the school at this time.

With the current climate of education I have been knocking around the idea of where my future really lies and if I can see myself in education until retirement and maybe this is exactly what I need to go ahead and get out.

As I mentioned I have a background in sales, I have a passion for working in a team and thrive in team environments. I am not afraid to get my hand dirty to get the job down. I enjoy being outdoors, working with my hands, designing and thinking three dimensionally to solve problems.

TIA
centexaggie2010
AG
Where are you located?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
centexaggie2010 said:

Where are you located?

Apologies, my family and I live in N Houston. I am not willing to relocate as my kids are both established in school, my wife has a career and we own our home.
Norbert
AG
Curious what are Outdoor Living Structures? Like outdoor patios? So you have some construction knowledge?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yes sir, I designed and sold cedar outdoor living structures. Pergolas, pavilions etc
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Try EMS or other healthcare position.
ChessieHuntingAg
AG
Email me with your contact info. marc@eldoradooutdoorlighting.com
Norbert
AG
email me at dubberag@gmail.com please
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I apologize for the delay, I emailed both of you.
King Koda
AG
email me kris at stepupteks dot com
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
email sent
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Wanted to bump since it has been about 2 weeks. Looking to see if anyone has an opening in sales/manufacturing/design/construction

Something outside with movement and flexibility. Looking for opportunities to tackle complex problems and come up with new and innovative methods. Implementing strategic designs, producing tangible outcomes.
JamesPShelley
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Wanted to bump since it has been about 2 weeks. Looking to see if anyone has an opening in sales/manufacturing/design/construction

Something outside with movement and flexibility. Looking for opportunities to tackle complex problems and come up with new and innovative methods. Implementing strategic designs, producing tangible outcomes.
Does "two weeks" mean you haven't received responses to your resume? Or, have you been interviewing? Hollywood BBQ has a few tips, on another thread, that might help improve your circumstances.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I've had a few conversations with others on here about potential opportunities and have another quality lead from a former boss.

I have not begin working random openings outside of my current contact networks since I still have a month left in the school year and am not the sort to bail on a position in that manner.

I also have taken a Birkman test since my initial post and received feedback on where to focus my search as I am looking to make a career change not just take a job.
WoodlandsAg90
If construction maintenance is of interest, send your resume to me at ronv@pavecon.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.