Job Network
Sponsored by

Aggie Engineer relocating to Texas

2,458 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aTmAg
jbenden16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!
My family and I are relocating from SE Michigan to Texas in July/August this year and I am searching for Engineering jobs in DFW, North/West Houston and College Station.

BSME from TAMU '16
MSE from Purdue '21
5 years product design/development experience

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Rudyjax
AG
jbenden16 said:

Howdy!
My family and I are relocating from SE Michigan to Texas in July/August this year and I am searching for Engineering jobs in DFW, North/West Houston and College Station.

BSME from TAMU '16
MSE from Purdue '21

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
what industry?
one MEEN Ag
AG
jbenden16 said:

Howdy!

BSME from TAMU '16
MSE from Purdue '21

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

PM me if you're interested in joining Oil/Gas. I've got a BS/MS in MEEN. I can help put your resume in the right hands at the company I work for.

Your biggest advantage is just completing your masters right now. You should be looking at what Purdue's career center can do for you. I volunteer for my companies college recruiting and we use campus (virtual) recruiting for someone with your experience. Your campus recruiting access is going to be better than just spraying and praying on LinkedIn.

Also, Lockheed in FW just went 4/10s with every friday off. Don't know your opinions on working in defense, but thats a great opportunity.
jbenden16
AG
I currently work in automotive. I'm keeping my future options open but I'm interested in defense, energy/renewables, medical devices, and consumer products.
Rudyjax
AG
jbenden16 said:

I currently work in automotive. I'm keeping my future options open but I'm interested in defense, energy/renewables, medical devices, and consumer products.

I can help you get a job in automotive in Michigan.

Have you looked at Toyota?
one MEEN Ag
AG
What technical things did you focus on in grad school? FEA? Python coding? Utility theory?

What do you want to do? Be an FEA guy in a basement? Be a product designer doing Solidworks/Creo? Hate yourself and drive manufacturing?
Rudyjax
AG
GM is a pretty good stepping stone to move from. The suggestion for defense is a good one. Toyota doesn't have many engineering roles here in the US so that's out. Bell Helicopter, Raytheon, Lockheed..etc.

But if you want to stay in Michigan, I can get you a job with one of the other 2 companies in that region.
EW2
S
I'm a Creo CADD in SE Michigan... Heard some horror stories about automotive. Do not want. Sucks that you'll be leaving in July/August since the weather is perfect around that time.

If you open up your search to the Austin area, I know an engineer manager at a defense contractor that's an Aggie. Can send you his contact info if you want it. Good luck!
tamc91
AG
The firm I work for is looking for 5+ year Mechanical Engineers in San Antonio, Dallas, and maybe Austin.

I had another post a few weeks ago with more details (https://texags.com/forums/18/topics/3185800). Send me your resume at jattamc91@gmail.com and I'll get it to the hiring manager and recruiter.
Rudyjax
AG
You didn't mention what type of DRE work you do, but one my guys just got hired here:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/hyliion/jobs/
UndergroundAg
Houston is pretty full so I would scratch that off the list...
78bc3
AG
Short video overview of career and networking resources to help Former Student.
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
aTmAg
AG
I work at lockeed. My group does not have any mechanical engineers. I'll ask around and get back with you.
aTmAg
AG
jbenden16 said:

Howdy!

BSME from TAMU '16
MSE from Purdue '21

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Have you found anything? If not, provide your email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.