Job Network
Sponsored by

Good friend needing a job-Facilities Engineer

5 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pinche Guero
Dallas10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a good friend who has a petroleum engineering degree that is looking for a job. Great guy and extremely hard worker. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Sheridan Production Co., Inc. Houston, TX

Production Engineer
Surveilling existing production across a 600+ wellbore field; XSPOC, Zedi, Spotfire Converting lift types to rod pump while increasing production
o Formerly gas lift and ESP lift types changed over to rod pump
o Improved well economics by decreasing LOE & optimizing chemical programs Formulating maintenance and work-over economics on failed wells using ARIES -
production base and wedge, decline curves, and investment
Creating uplift and production increases by stimulating legacy wells
o Pumping pin-point acid jobs on carbonate wells to reinvigorate declining wells
Building well models using Rodstar and XSPOC to complement workover procedures Facilities Engineer
Overseeing Permian Central and Mid-Con surface facilities
Designing upgrades for mature facilities to accommodate horizontal production
Optimizing full field water injection system to maintain efficient water flood sweeping
Sizing test and separation equipment for incoming San Andres production
Brought aged facilities into environmental compliance while adding value to the company Maintaining full field maintenance budget while projecting and accruing for spending

Occidental Petroleum Houston, TX

Facilities Engineer
Collaborated on maintenance capital budget to upgrade surface facilities
Designed commingle project between two leases to reduce operating costs
Sized pumps, production and injection lines, and other various operating equipment Outlined hydraulic modeling simulations based on injection systems
Monthly field trips (Permian basin) to oversee projects and MOC's
Completed Summer 2013 internship: Facilities tank battery consolidation
Completed Summer 2014 internship: Production injector conformance
JamesPShelley
Is that his resume? I'm not hiring. I have zero leads. I have 50 questions.

Best wishes on his outcome.
Dallas10
I just had him give me some bullet points on what he has done.
JamesPShelley
Dallas10 said:

I have a good friend who has a petroleum engineering degree that is looking for a job. Great guy and extremely hard worker. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Sheridan Production Co., Inc. Houston, TX

Production Engineer
Surveilling existing production across a 600+ wellbore field; XSPOC, Zedi, Spotfire Converting lift types to rod pump while increasing production SURVEILLING? DESCRIBE. BY HOW WHAT % WAS PRODUCTION INCREASED?
o Formerly gas lift and ESP lift types changed over to rod pump HOW MANY GAS LIFTS?
o Improved HOW? WHAT METHODS DID YOU EMPLOY? WITH WHOM DID YOU COLLABORATE? TITLES? well economics by decreasing BY WHAT % DECREASE? LOE & optimizing WHAT METHODS WERE EMPLOYED FOR OPTIMIZATION? chemical programs HOW MANY PROGRAMS? DESCRIBE. Formulating maintenance and work-over economics on failed wells HOW MANY FAILED WELLS? using ARIES -
production base and wedge, decline curves, and investment
Creating CREATING? HOW? EMPLOYING WHICH METHODS? uplift and production increases INCREASES? BY HOW MUCH? by stimulating legacy wells
o Pumping pin-point acid jobs on carbonate wells to reinvigorate declining wells
Building well models using Rodstar and XSPOC to complement workover procedures Facilities Engineer
Overseeing Permian Central and Mid-Con surface facilities
Designing upgrades for mature facilities to accommodate horizontal production
Optimizing full field water injection system to maintain efficient water flood sweeping
Sizing test and separation equipment for incoming San Andres production
Brought aged facilities into environmental compliance while adding value to the company Maintaining full field maintenance budget while projecting and accruing for spending

Occidental Petroleum Houston, TX

Facilities Engineer
Collaborated WITH WHOM? TITLES? on maintenance capital budget WHAT WAS THE ANNUAL $$ VALUE OF THE BUDGET? to upgrade surface facilities HOW MANY FACILITIES? WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED, GEOGRAPHICALLY?
Designed commingle project between two leases to reduce operating costs BY HOW MUCH $$$ %%% WERE OPERATING COSTS DECREASED?
Sized pumps, production and injection lines, and other various operating equipment Outlined hydraulic modeling simulations based on injection systems
Monthly field trips (Permian basin) to oversee projects and MOC's
Completed Summer 2013 internship: Facilities tank battery consolidation
Completed Summer 2014 internship: Production injector conformance
Those would be just some of my first-run inquiries and the responses to those inquiries would be culled then fashioned into bullet points better illustrating the results and accomplishments so associated with the employment instance. It's clear that your friend banged out "what I did" and, to an HR personality, likely will be recognized as job descriptions. Your friend needs to illustrate not so much what he did, but what was achieved... for the HR personality may assume that by virtue of the application he/she (your friend) meets the minimum qualifications of the job.

I could have asked another 60+ questions... but you get the idea. Your friend can't saddle the recipient of the resume with so many inquiries. That's your friend's job: Answer the questions.

Best wishes on your friend's pursuits.

(Dictated not read)
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Hillcorp posted a facilities engineer position on their website recently.

Have him take a peek at that.
Pinche Guero
AG
Saw one posted by continental as well

https://clr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CLR_Careers/job/Oklahoma-City-OK/Senior-Engineer---Water-Facilities_R00810
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.