Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for pilot jobs

3,838 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by vacating FL410
corkscrewduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy ags. Freshly licensed commercial pilot here. Looking for low time jobs (banner towing, pipeline patrol, skydive jumpers, safety pilot, private contract, etc) anywhere in texas, preferably around DFW. I am instrument rated and will be multi engine rated soon. Currently working on my CFI and by march will have CFII. Also planning on getting high performance and tailwheel endorsements.

If anyone has any leads on something id love to hear. And if any ags here are going to need a flight review soon, i'll be your guy in about 3 weeks!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
https://reachmedicalholdings-careers-gmr.icims.com/jobs/11937/2020-11937/job

https://www.dauntlessair.com/careers

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578267000#

No jobs in Texas posted that I could find but one could search within the medical transport community.
Complaint Investigator
AG
Palestine Skydive was looking for a 182 pilot. Mainly weekends, with some weekday jumps mid-week.

oldschool87
AG
Call, 469-767-2641.

David will answer. He owns Starlight flight out of Addison. Always needs pilots. Tell him the Aggie sent you. He will know exactly who that is. Get a check ride and go from there!
vacating FL410
Not to be a Debbie Downer at all but you are entering this profession at a very tough time. I am near the end of a 37 year career at a major airline. It was bleak when I entered and it is bleak now. What was it Warren Buffett said? I am paraphrasing but, "when people are brave be araid and when people are afraid be brave". Keep up the great work. I actually believe you are entering at a good time.
corkscrewduck
oldschool87 said:

Call, 469-767-2641.

David will answer. He owns Starlight flight out of Addison. Always needs pilots. Tell him the Aggie sent you. He will know exactly who that is. Get a check ride and go from there!
excellent! Thank you so much. Just left him a VM.
corkscrewduck
vacating FL410 said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer at all but you are entering this profession at a very tough time. I am near the end of a 37 year career at a major airline. It was bleak when I entered and it is bleak now. What was it Warren Buffett said? I am paraphrasing but, "when people are brave be araid and when people are afraid be brave". Keep up the great work. I actually believe you are entering at a good time.
tough era indeed for the low time pilots like myself. I think long term prospects are still good, trying to stay optimistic!
Complaint Investigator
AG
vacating FL410 said:

Regionals are starting up classes again and hiring ATP holders.

Bleak on entering is subjective I guess. This industry comes in waves, and it depends on where you are/who you are (military pilots transitioning vs civilian.) I see huge numbers of mandatory retirements, there were early outs taken, some will never return to the airlines, I know my company is itching to start business travel back up, and the regionals and some of the national carriers are bringing pilots back. You have more insight there, but seeing some of the nationals sucking up marketshare in airports where they have never flown before leads me to believe the bean counters believe there will be a return.

OP - just remember to save as much as you can, and the lean years won't be as tough. I am taking a 60%+ paycut to leave my current job for the airline world for the first few years. I'm a current military pilot, so my path might have been a little less expensive, but it's still a big leap of faith on my end.

Keep in mind too...if you are looking for hours and can't land a CFI gig, glider hours count towards your total time under part 61. Generally cheaper than anything else you can rent, and you get a cool endorsement. You still need to meet other minimums, but if you're running short on cash for time building, check that out.
SpiDer2008
AG
I think you entering the aviation world right now will be the biggest risk yet potentially biggest reward you'll ever get. The airlines just went through the pandemic, downsized, and now that we are on the back side of it, hiring will start back up. My regional just announced 2 days ago we will be hiring 450 pilots by the end of the year. My suggestion is to get the bare minimum hours to get on with a part 135 essential air service (so long as there is no long term contract) to build up the rest to qualify you for your ATP then get on with a wholly owned (ie Endeavor Air) or an almost wholly owned (Air Wisconsin/CommutAir). These airlines will have paths designed to get you to 2 of the big 3 airlines. American Airlines also has wholly owned and I believe there are a couple of pilots on here that fly for those (or flowed to American already) so there is always that route as well. Good Luck in your journey and if can be of any other help, please let me know. My email address is jhbarker2018@gmail.com. Gig 'Em!
Always_Right
AG
Don't have any prospects for you but wanted to wish you well on your job hunt, on one myself so I know how difficult it can be.
corkscrewduck
SpiDer2008 said:

I think you entering the aviation world right now will be the biggest risk yet potentially biggest reward you'll ever get. The airlines just went through the pandemic, downsized, and now that we are on the back side of it, hiring will start back up. My regional just announced 2 days ago we will be hiring 450 pilots by the end of the year. My suggestion is to get the bare minimum hours to get on with a part 135 essential air service (so long as there is no long term contract) to build up the rest to qualify you for your ATP then get on with a wholly owned (ie Endeavor Air) or an almost wholly owned (Air Wisconsin/CommutAir). These airlines will have paths designed to get you to 2 of the big 3 airlines. American Airlines also has wholly owned and I believe there are a couple of pilots on here that fly for those (or flowed to American already) so there is always that route as well. Good Luck in your journey and if can be of any other help, please let me know. My email address is jhbarker2018@gmail.com. Gig 'Em!
thank you! I will definitely reach out
average_joker
AG
The market will rebound. It's just rough when you're living though it. I'm at an AA owned regional right now, and had a class date at big AA before the Covid.
Reach out to me too, and I'll see what my limited contacts can do for you as well. Username at yahoo.com
vacating FL410

The industry is completely different from what it was two years ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.