Job Network
Sponsored by

Salary Research

3,503 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SATX_BQ98
jtraggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have any recommendations for places to do salary comparisons? I know there are countless websites that try and provide this, but I have no idea what's even remotely reliable. Are there any (or other resources)? I'm just looking to do some comparisons for averages in my area.
Sims
AG
Placement agencies, recruiters, headhunters etc usually have a salary guide published annually. It would require enrolling in a mailing list but I imagine you could do so with a throw away gmail account if you were concerned about anonymity.
jtraggie99
AG
Thanks. I've worked with some of those people in the past, but it's been a number of years. No idea if the ones I knew are even still around. Anyway, that's not a bad place to start.
DiskoTroop
Glassdoor can usually give you an idea
Astroag
AG
teamblind, payscale, comparably...

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
fig96
AG
Depends on industry. Lots of professional groups do yearly salary guides and surveys.
COSCAG67
AG
I dont think the glassdoor type websites are very reliable, but it probably depends on the field. Contacting a recruiter would be my best guess.
SATX_BQ98
AG
What are you looking for specifically? I have access to quite a few salary surveys.

Mrs. SATX
agdaddy04
AG
Colorado passed a law this year that salary ranges have to be posted on job listings.
Win At Life
AG
Move to Norway, where everyone's income (even for private companies), is available on the government website.
NastyNate
Was about to post this very thing. My employer just started putting it on external job postings as a result. Any employer that could have someone employed in Colorado is required to list the range. This is especially applicable now that a lot of employers are hiring remote.

Searching large employers in Colorado and others that could have positions in Colorado would be a good start.
jtraggie99
AG
SATX_BQ98 said:

What are you looking for specifically? I have access to quite a few salary surveys.

Mrs. SATX
Having been with the same company for a number of years, I'm just wanting to see what the current market is for roles similar to mine in my area.
SATX_BQ98
AG
Tell me about your position and I will look up the current market for you. I need to know your location as that factors into market salaries. PM me if needed. Happy to help.

Oh, and all those online free surveys are unreliable. HR professionals never rely on online data for market data.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.