Job Network
Sponsored by

Salary Difference - Big City to Small Town

1,875 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jtp01
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What would you say an expected salary decrease would be from taking a similar functioned job in a small town from the salary you were making in the city? 30%, 40%? Thanks in advance!
AtlAg05
AG
I think you'd have to look at taxes(sales, property, if moving to a new state then state income), housing costs, etc to get a better idea. For example a 4 br/ 3 bath in the city might be $600K, but only $300K in a small town. Then you'd have a lower mortgage payment.

I know I've seen some cost of living calculators out there that might help as well.
Inca
AG
I make about 20% less than I would make at a similar job in Houston. But I work for a global company.

I think the difference would be much more significant if I worked at a local company.

Not sure the cost of living is significantly different but not living in Houston is well worth it to me. Definitely save on the cost of commuting.
jtp01
AG
It will depend dramatically based upon your profession. I work in the Ag industry and live in the Texas panhandle. I work remote as a Senior Territory Manager and I know my comp plan is VERY aggressive.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.