Job Network
Sponsored by

There are job openings at SpaceX

2,474 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgsMnn
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Although a lot of these are pretty specific in terms of "preferred" experience, but my son said SpaceX is "hiring like crazy".

He sent me an email with a couple links to send to anyone I know.

Recovery technician

Job openings board
TommyGun
AG
Does your son work there? How does he like it?

I interviewed a few years ago for a position at the Cape and it sounded like an interesting place to work. I've had a few colleagues take positions there and I think all left within 3 years. Not sure what their reasons were.
rlb28
AG
Yes. it's his dream job. internally, he's interviewing for a big-time job Thursday and told me that if he doesn't get it it's OK because how much he loves his job.

I think the turnover is high because of burnout. They work you hard.

He also interviewed two other times and made it to the third interview but wasn't hired. The job he's in now seems like it was created for him - exactly what his degree is in and prior experience was spot on.
TommyGun
AG
That's great to hear. To be fair, the folks I knew who took positions there came from pretty relaxed corporate gigs that dealt more with vision and strategy (procurement). They got placed into roles that were heavy on the execution side and I think they got burnout pretty quick. My interviewer told me to expect a start-up feel where everyone is doing things that tend to get outsourced at larger Fortune 500 companies. Personally, I thought it sounded pretty exciting. I might apply again in the future.
Matsui
AG
80-90 hour work weeks is the norm is what I've been told.
rlb28
AG
at times it is that many hours if there's a launch that week, but then they are off a week or so
JKAG10
AG
I was told by folks at Blue Origin that if you like working weekends and holidays it's the place for you.
AgsMnn
AG
How will a Biden administration impact SpaceX
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.