Job Network
Sponsored by

Avail. For HIRE!! Former Public School Teacher

2,926 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rllguitar
Sinuso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After 10 years of herding cats and turd-polishing; I have decided to get out. In addition to teaching, I have been in sales, marketing, customer service. Currently live in College Station, I am eager to travel, willing to re-locate.

gdubya93 at yahoo dot com.
BrianDemarais
AG
I'm a Sales Manager at a residential home and auto insurance broker in Dallas. We are always hiring in sales when we find the right people. Feel free to email me your resume.
Brian@smithallen.com

http://www.smithallen.com/
FarmerKeith
AG
If you want to look at the largest financial blue chip industry in the world, let's talk. We're an all lines (home, auto, commercial, farm & ranch, Ag, group life, health, and benefits) independent agency HQ'd in B/CS.

We're proud to be God/Family/Country, we've got lots of Aggies here, and we relish servant leadership.

If you'd like to visit, email me at: careers at rolloinsurance dot com.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Do you have a more professional email? I would look into getting one.
rllguitar
AG
My company will probably be adding an Account Manager pretty soon. We're an EdTech company and give strong preference to hiring educators.

If you want to chat, drop a message to rllguitar@sbcglobal.net
Ag_N_Houston
AG
rllguitar said:

My company will probably be adding an Account Manager pretty soon. We're an EdTech company and give strong preference to hiring educators.

If you want to chat, drop a message to rllguitar@sbcglobal.net
Where are you located? I'm also considering leaving the classroom after almost 10 years.
jtp01
AG
I am the son of 2 teachers, mom and dad taught their entire professional careers. I'm curious as to why teachers are looking to leave the profession?

In no way is this a shot and anyone, life is too short to do something you don't like for employment.

Is it the admin, the kids, not what you thought it would be?

We are in a VERY small rural community school and always seem to struggle to find seasoned teachers. I sit on a committee charged with managing a large bond for a tech initiative and I am generally curious for what we need to do to retain good talent.

I didn't go into the education realm, I'm not made for dealing with other people's children. My expectations for my children's behavior and others vary greatly. Every year at meet the teacher I explain my expectations for my children's behavior and ask that if they don't meet those, to call me and it will be handled.
RG20
Quote:

You'd need a novel to cover all this...
zooguy96
jtp01 said:

I am the son of 2 teachers, mom and dad taught their entire professional careers. I'm curious as to why teachers are looking to leave the profession?

In no way is this a shot and anyone, life is too short to do something you don't like for employment.

We are in a VERY small rural community school and always seem to struggle to find seasoned teachers. I sit on a committee charged with managing a large bond for a tech initiative and I am generally curious for what we need to do to retain good talent.

I didn't go into the education realm, I'm not made for dealing with other people's children. My expectations for my children's behavior and others vary greatly. Every year at meet the teacher I explain my expectations for my children's behavior and ask that if they don't meet those, to call me and it will be handled.

Mostly this:

1. Testing (and, then, these results being used on evaluations, despite a student's home life, motivation, and the fact that only certain subjects are tested.
2. Administration (usually on the school board level IMHO) making ignorant policies that are not focused on the needs of the students because they haven't been in the classroom in 20 + years.
3. Low pay for the education you gave to obtain.
4. Admin not supporting their teachers.
5. Thankless job.
6. Most parents aren't like you. If their kids don't do work/act up, they don't care.

I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
rllguitar
AG
I'm in DFW. Company HQ is in Plano and we have a satellite office in Austin.

Company is flexible on location for the right person. Looking for someone who understands the k-12 industry and has sales experience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.