Job Network
Sponsored by

Energy Transfer

3,523 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by schmellba99
jonpatrick7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone work at Energy Transfer? Trying to get on but I am having no luck. I have a ton of upstream experience but no midstream. I know somethings will cross over but I don't mind starting at the bottom and working my way up again.
JamesPShelley
jonpatrick7 said:

Anyone work at Energy Transfer? Trying to get on but I am having no luck. I have a ton of upstream experience but no midstream. I know somethings will cross over but I don't mind starting at the bottom and working my way up again.
When you say, "No luck"... does that mean you're having no luck getting interviews? Or does it mean you're interviewing, but not receiving offers? Completely different animals.

Have you examined against your resume those opportunities in which you're interested? Have you analyzed the candidate requirements and qualifications then ensuring your resume (provided you're qualified) hits every one of them?

You're welcome to connect with me. As best I can I'll help you identify why you're getting more misses than hits.

Have a great Sunday.
jtp01
AG
My brother in law is one of their field mechanics. Given the way the election is trending, understand that even if hired and very qualified you would be one of the first let go.

He's freaked out and has almost 10 years with them and is probably the only one that truly understands the system of engines in his area.

jonpatrick7
AG
You're right I should have clarified. I am having no luck getting an interview. My resume is really good in my estimation. Although I am no expert on resumes.
jonpatrick7
AG
The election has a lot of us worried. As if the price war and COVID weren't enough.
JamesPShelley
jonpatrick7 said:

Although I am no expert on resumes.
I am.

You are welcome to connect with me via email. jim at username dot com.

Let me take a look at your resume. Complimentary. Lets see what's holding things back for you.

Have a great week!
PeekingDuck
AG
jonpatrick7 said:

You're right I should have clarified. I am having no luck getting an interview. My resume is really good in my estimation. Although I am no expert on resumes.

Just a heads up that it might not be you. Energy Transfer did some layoffs recently and has had positions posted that they aren't actually interested in filling.
jonpatrick7
AG
PeekingDuck said:

jonpatrick7 said:

Just a heads up that it might not be you. Energy Transfer did some layoffs recently and has had positions posted that they aren't actually interested in filling.

Thanks for the heads up
texpert68
AG
What position are you applying for?
jonpatrick7
AG
PIpeline controller
ChemAg15
AG
ET is notorious for leaving positions up when they've already filled them. HR also makes it difficult for managers to fill positions. It's like pulling teeth trying to get someone hired on. Layoffs happened in June but I've heard there are a select few positions they're still filling. I would expect Pipeline Controller would be a position they'd fill. Good luck
OilfieldAggie
AG
I work for ET as a field tech and work with pipeline controllers over the phone on a daily basis.

What others above have said is true. Layoffs happened this past summer (trucking and office folk mostly). Nobody in operations in my district were laid off. There has been a hiring freeze in effect for a while now. I am seeing internal positions opening up, which is a good sign. 401k match is back so things are moving in the right direction.

As far as becoming a pipeline controller goes, if you're familiar with remote operations from control centers, that's exactly what it is. It is monitoring pipeline infrastructure and dispatching techs to respond to issues. The work is stressful and easy to screw up, which means they are always hiring.

In any case, prepare to wait a few months before getting any response. For reference, I applied in December and was hired in April. I hope that helps.
schmellba99
AG
A buddy of mine is Director of Operations for them.
jaggiemaggie
AG
schmellba99 said:

A buddy of mine is Director of Operations for them.

Schmellba: I tried sending you a PM and it couldn't saying "user is not valid". Could you email me at username at gmail ?

Thank you
schmellba99
AG
I don't have stars, so can't PM. Email sent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.