Job Network
Sponsored by

Hiring Environmental Scientist I - Fort Worth

1,256 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AMC12
AMC12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See below for details.

Peloton Land Solutions

DESCRIPTION
The Environmental Scientist I would be integrated into the existing group of experienced biologists and ecologists that provide environmental and regulatory compliance support services to a broad range of clients. This position would report to the environmental group manager and other senior environmental scientists on a variety of environmental tasks including field delineations of wetlands and other waters of the U.S., performing tree surveys, collecting GIS data for analysis, preparing GIS maps and exhibits, supporting stormwater pollution prevention efforts, collecting soil and water samples, construction staking, and construction observation.
  • Assist senior staff with field delineations of wetlands and other waters of the U.S.
  • Assist with Section 404 permitting through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
  • Prepare technical reports
  • Conduct tree inventories and tree surveys using GPS equipment
  • Prepare GIS-based exhibits
  • Prepare stormwater pollution prevention plans and conduct stormwater inspections
  • Assist in preparing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
  • Field locate tree protection fencing and silt fence using GPS equipment
  • Collect soil and water samples for lab testing
  • Function as support staff to existing business lines (land development and oil & gas)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

MINIMUM SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
  • BS in a natural resource-related field preferred
  • Experience with ArcGIS and similar software
  • Proficient in vegetation and wildlife identification and soil classification
  • Microsoft office software
  • Technical writing skills
  • Committed to quality, accuracy, and client service
  • Efficient use of time to complete tasks accurately, meet deadlines and adhere to budgets
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
  • A bachelor's degree in a natural resource- related field
  • 1-3 years of environmental science experience in land development industry
tamc91
AG
I personally know 4 of the people in this group. One is a former co-worker and in my wedding. One used to work as part of my team but moved to reduce his commute (I agreed it was a good move for his family).

Solid technical group, and a great bunch of folks. We do similar work, but slightly different sectors. However, even if they were direct competitors I wouldn't hesitate to recommend someone apply to this position if qualified.

(Disclaimer: none of them asked me for this endorsement, but if I remember one of them owes me a beer!)
davidka5h
AG
Submitting my application now. Thanks for the heads up!
texAZtea
AG
How much deviation from "Experience with ArcGIS" is acceptable here?
AMC12
AG
Prior experience or classes taken. Doesn't hurt to apply though.

Thanks for the shoutout tamc91!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.