Job Network
Sponsored by

Consulting

1,922 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigLeftMiss08
BigLeftMiss08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience in the consulting/strategy arena?

I am looking to pick some people's brains about those types of roles, as I believe this might be something I want to do but most job postings seem to be pretty vague.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!
PlanoAg98
AG
Stating the industry would help. Consulting is a role existing in most every job industry out there.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Well yea I guess that is important.

I am currently in Oil and Gas but unfortunately I feel my company will not make it to Q4 hence the reason for searching around for another position.

I have been struggling with exactly what I would want to do if my current position/company succumbs to the crash but after discussing with my fellow colleagues and customers/friends that have worked with me they recommended a Project Manager/Strategy type role.

I believe I possess the necessary skills to evaluate a problem or a goal a company is wanting to achieve and implement necessary steps and help execute said steps to get there.

I have sales, operations, accounting, asset management, and corporate decision making experience and have been in the O&G arena for 10 years now.

So to answer your question, I would be willing to venture into any industry at this moment in time.
500,000ags
AG
You might have better luck with internal O&G corporate development roles, the actual strategy roles and not sales.
RangerRick9211
AG
I'm in EY's Business Consulting practice, formerly Process Improvement (re-brand effective 7/1), with sector alignment to O&G. All Big 4, MBB, OW, etc. have similar alignments. Pre-EY I was a civil engineer at a major EPC on downstream projects.

Typically the entrance is through an MBA. But we, and everyone not MBB, do have plenty of direct industry hires. You won't find any Process Improvement (PI) roles right now. It will be tough to find a strat role as we're gutting our rates just to stay in the building. If you've touched any M&A at your company you're hired.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Thanks RangerRick for the info.

I graduated back in '16 with my MBA and although I haven't dealt directly with M&A, we have reviewed a few companies to purchase over the last 18-24 months and I have helped my boss (CFO) directly with the due diligence on a few of those companies.

Ill keep plugging away and I know that if I get my chance I will be a valuable asset to the team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.