Job Network
Sponsored by

free or low cost resume help

2,697 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gooder Poster
H.D. 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I has been some time since I have had a professional resume. I can't afford much right now, and was wondering about which website or app would be helpful. I was at Texas Workforce today, and the "help" I received was horrible. Is it still supposed to be one page? I don't even know where to start on a cover letter other than a very generic one. Right now any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
H.D.
There is a guy that will come along soon here named James Shelley. He helps people with resumes. I have no idea how much he charges. Good luck !

James,
Put me down for $100 to help HD.
Thanks !
JamesPShelley
Good morning HD.

Connect with me via email. I'll respond to your inquiries, provide some assistance to improve your circumstances... and remove the mystery of a professionally prepared resume.

AOA, thank you for the shout. Have a great day.
i is smart
AG
I can vouch for James. I'm not sure if he still does it, but he will update it for you as you gain experience with no additional charges. He's what you're looking for.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Neither free nor low cost is james p Shelley

His quality is equal to free so there is that

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Go to Indeed. Search the positions you're looking for. Screen Shot or Print out ~100 resumes & Grade them from best too worst.

You will see a pattern. You will see what HR ppl see. You may see what yours needs to look like to stand out, or highlight top benefits of hiring you.

Also, if posting online.. Keywords, Keywords, Keywords... Stack them at the bottom for SEO purposes. One can search a Hiring website based on them, just as easy as a Gmail box full of resumes.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- Best Resume? IRL .. make a 30 second or 1 min youtube explaining who you are and what you do. Sell yourself, resumes are boring..
H.D. 96
AG
Thank you AOA for that generous offer. If I end up being able to use James Shelley I will definitely pay that forward to someone else that needs help.

James Shelley, I will get in contact with you later today and see what we can do.

The youtube idea seems interesting. I will keep that in mind.
OnlyForNow
AG
What industry are you in?
FamousAgg
I believe the career center helps out former students

https://careercenter.tamu.edu/Documents/Resumes-Cover-Letters/Resume-Brochure

https://www.aggienetwork.com/careers/resumewriting.aspx
AgOutsideAustin
AG
H.D.
Circling back on this did you get some help ?
Frok
AG
Look up JS101. The classes are free

They are doing online zoom courses right now some of which are on resumes.

In my opinion I would not pay for resume help.
The Pilot
AG
OnlyForNow said:

What industry are you in?
This, maybe someone in your industry can help. I'm in civil engineering and would help for free.
zooguy96
If you are still in need of help, I could assist. I've been getting more interviews with my modified resume.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
ChampsAg
I am back on the market as of Monday. My resume was last updated in 2014 and I want to make sure that it is relevant to what employers are looking for today.
Gooder Poster
AG
I recently used a site called https://novoresume.com/ to redo my old resume. It's free to do a one page resume.

Zooguy96, would be very interested in seeing your resume format. surveillancevantexags at gmail
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.