Job Network
Sponsored by

When is a good time to follow up after an interview?

1,728 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgLA06
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a 3rd Apple interview about a week and a half ago. Haven't heard back yet. The hiring manager said I should expect a call a week later (which would have been last Thursday) but I didn't get anything. Their communication was good during the whole process so idk if I just got ghosted or if maybe external circumstances delayed the interview process since they had a few more interviews pending.
JamesPShelley
I'd phone today. Good luck!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Follow-up, Follow-up , Follow-up !

They probably see 1000's of resumes a day and I bet >1% probably attempt a single follow-up.

Pop back up on their radar and on top of their G-mails Apple E-Mail Accounts

Ambitious people who want the job more will put forth more effort & get noticed.
Woods Ag
AG
Follow up already!

Like dating, ignore that 3 day rule.. if she's special call her ass and quit the games!
AG
I'd do a small bit of research and find out your interviewer's home address.

Be there waiting on her back porch when she gets home from work and tell her how much you enjoyed your little visit, and how her shoes made a real impression on you.

Be sure to tell her how much you've been thinking about her shoes.

And this is important:

Never smile.

Wear a jacket and keep one hand inside the jacket at all times. And never, ever smile.

Until you're done speaking. Then smile as wide as your mouth will allow and hold it.

Maintain eye contact. Interviewers like that.

You can thank me later.
htxag09
AG
In this situation, my assumption is they offered the job to someone else and are negotiating or waiting on them to accept before informing the other applicants.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
htxag09 said:

In this situation, my assumption is they offered the job to someone else and are negotiating or waiting on them to accept before informing the other applicants.
- Naw, Have Hope! it's Apple they can afford to hire as many as talented people as they find.
AgLA06
AG
htxag09 said:

Not likely. More likely HR is dragging their feet approving any offer or budgets are frozen, or any number of things outside of the highering managers control. Send a thank you email highlighting something you learned or liked about the role / company after the interview.

Follow up 2 weeks later so they know you're interested. Try not to sound desperate.

Too much and you come off as really annoying and can sway a decision away from you. If they could you something either way, they would.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.