Job Network
Sponsored by

MRE v MSF?

2,125 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KCantrell28
ralphas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been looking into the MRE and MSF programs. The MSF program will likely give me more flexibility in regards to what I do, and I'm sure its great. However, the MRE program seems really top notch and places students in all areas of finance. I have not necessarily zeroed in on Commercial Real Estate as the only thing I want to do yet either.

Does anyone here have insight as to which is more valuable?
dcAg
Depends what you would rather pursue. MRE is pretty specific. I am in the real estate business and have been recruiting from every iteration of that program for over 20 years. A LOT of great people come out of the MRE program.

In fact I got into a battle with an old Dean of the business school that wanted to absorb the LERE program (thats what it was called back then) then dissolve the program and take the allocated funds to pour into the business school. Well I decided to email the President of the University (Dr. Gates), some prominent real estate Ags, people involved in academia and a few prominent non-real estate Ags I know. Well all hell broke loose and a couple of great Ags stepped in to save the program. You wouldnt believe the emails I received from out of the woodwork. Crazy times. Then I almost got into fisticuffs with the Dean not too long after that. I wouldve whipped his ass like a windmill in a tornado.
KCantrell28
AG
Howdy dcAg,

I had a job offer from CBRE this spring but it has been rescinded due to Covid. Could I get in contact with you to see your experience in Real Estate and maybe some advice for my next steps?

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.