Job Network
Sponsored by

Texas Workforce Commission

6,948 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Charpie
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody have a working and valid number to reach a representative with the TWC?

I have only been able to reach busy signals, a prompt saying "Sorry the number you dialed was busy" and another prompt stating something about coronavirus and call volume please use their website (which then hangs up).

Their website instructs me to call the same 800/877 numbers that I've been trying.
Bass Ag
AG
I can't even get to the end of the application online because their website keeps crashing because of the high traffic...
aezmvp
Same on both for three days. Someone was able to get a response on Twitter so I DMd the main account as well.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I'm in the same boat. Have been for two weeks. I found some alternate numbers to try in the post comments on the TWC Facebook page but they all lead to the same dead ends. It seems to me to be a matter of persistence.
Ag2011
AG
I had the same websites issue -ended up having way more success accessing the website at off hours - early AM seemed to work the best.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2314517773_afb0f83705_m.jpg[/img]
schwabbin
AG
I've heard 1-4 am is the best time to try.
aezmvp
Got through tonight on the website. Finally got some answers. Looks like the electronic inbox is working for the first time in days.
a.froman
AG
What is the address for the electronic inbox? I couldn't seem to find it. I need to reset my password and it says to call the number. Number has too many calls so I can't speak to anyone. Been real frustrating
TAMUallen
AG
a.froman said:

What is the address for the electronic inbox? I couldn't seem to find it. I need to reset my password and it says to call the number. Number has too many calls so I can't speak to anyone. Been real frustrating

Their electronic inbox is on the twc site after youve logged in. Sorry.

Anybody experiencing success or at least moments of hope when dialing in?
aezmvp
Phones are still a *@#&@# show.
a.froman
AG
I have continued to try and reach a real human to no avail. I have sent over numerous emails to about every email I have seen on the sight. As mentioned above the phones are of no help at all. This is so frustrating considering I have tried to get registered since Monday
AgTDub
AG
Anyone know about the additional $600 they decided to include from the feds? I applied before that became a reality. I assume that doesn't just automatically get added but no idea how to go about adding it.
TAMUallen
AG
AgTDub said:

Anyone know about the additional $600 they decided to include from the feds? I applied before that became a reality. I assume that doesn't just automatically get added but no idea how to go about adding it.

I believe youre in good shape. Or at least better shape than those of us trying to reach a living soul over the phone system that appears to take zero calls
aggie4231
AG
Just registered online
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
aezmvp
Looks like another day of no phone support. Yeehaw. Got through the recorded messages around 6:30 this morning but for the last 10 minutes since they opened. Nothing.
Charpie
AG
Did you try calling the local number?

When I was unemployed for a week last year, I was able to do everything online.

Good luck, y'all.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Charpie said:

Did you try calling the local number?

When I was unemployed for a week last year, I was able to do everything online.

Good luck, y'all.

A week ?
Show off.
Charpie
AG
This was back in October
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Suggested Call TimeArea Codes Beginning with 9
Mon-Wed-Fri 8:00 a.m.-Noon
Area Codes Beginning with 3, 4, 5,6
Mon-Wed-Fri 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Area codes Beginning with 7, 8
Tues -Thurs-Sat 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Area codes Beginning with 2
Tues-Thurs-Sat 1:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.

Recommendations Will Ease Backlog of Texans Unable to Access Unemployment System
AUSTIN- Over half a million Texans have filed unemployment claims in the last 18 days as a result of COVID-19. The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) will soon outpace the total number of claims received in all of 2019. This unprecedented increase has led to long wait times, overwhelmed call centers and technical issues with the Unemployment Benefit Services portal. TWC staff is working around the clock to expand the capacity to take claims but needs your support. Effective immediately, TWC recommends that Texans stagger their calls and access to the online portal based on applicant's area codes.
"The outbreak of COVID-19 has reminded each of us the importance of acting with others in mind," said TWC Executive Director Ed Serna. "Just as with the virus, we can treat this problem far more effectively if we work together and space out the demand rather than having everyone call at the same time. I know there are Texans worried about being out of work and missing their paychecks. We keep working until every Texan that needs help gets help. We are asking for you to join the effort."
Effective immediately, TWC asks that Texans use their area code to find their proposed call and access times listed below. See below chart for recommended call and access times:
Recommended Call and Access TimesArea Code of Applicant
Suggested Call TimeArea Codes Beginning with 9
Mon-Wed-Fri 8:00 a.m.-Noon
Area Codes Beginning with 3, 4, 5,6
Mon-Wed-Fri 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Area codes Beginning with 7, 8
Tues -Thurs-Sat 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Area codes Beginning with 2
Tues-Thurs-Sat 1:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
Texans will not be penalized for a delay due to call or user volume. Claims for individuals affected by COVID-19 are eligible to be backdated. Staggering claims will provide help to reduce frustrations for many Texans and provide better access to needed services.

TAMUallen
AG
Fingers crossed that their new system will work!
ravingfans
AG

ravingfans
AG
Folks: here is my question, out of the options below, which one is the correct choice. I was laid off due to CV19.

• Layoff (Permanent or Temporary): Job completed, reduction in workforce, business closed, no more work available, etc.
  • Reduced Hours: Still working, but your hours have been reduced from full-time to part-time.
  • Quit: You left your job for a personal or work-related reason.
  • Fired: Your employer let you go for a reason other than job completed, reduction in workforce, business closed, no more work available, etc.
  • Strike / Lock-Out: The disruption of normal work activity caused by a strike or an employer lock-out.
  • Disaster: Because of a disaster such as a hurricane, oil spill, fire, tornado, or ice storm, your employer closed your work location, OR you were not able to reach that location.

I believe I should choose Layoff and not Disaster--correct?

newsjunkie
I tried 6 different numbers for a solid week. Last Saturday I started calling the main number (the one on the website) at 7:58 am and finally got through. Still had to hold an hour and a half but finally got my claim in. The person I deal with when I file our companies' unemployment quarterly reports said the only thing that anyone can do is keep trying. It is beyond frustrating!
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
a.froman
AG
I emailed three different email links last week and I had someone call me twice. I needed my password reset and the lady called on Tuesday and said she got it. Unfortunately she didn't. Finally on Friday the same lady called back and got it reset and it worked. Filed on Friday after all week waiting.

In regards to the question above I chose Lay-off because I believe in the screen beforehand it asked if Corona was a cause of unemployment. I clicked that one that time. Good luck everyone
hbc07
AG
Does anyone know if the system has been updated to allow claims for self-employed people?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
915-832-6438 just worked for me and I was able to file over the phone.
ravingfans
AG
FOLKS, IF YOU HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 6 MONTHS OR LESS BE CAREFUL ABOUT FILING DATES.

See below, If you were working in September, then I think that means you should file tomorrow, as the current quarter would be Calendar Quarter 2 of 2020.

Question 1: Since I started 10/14/20 at my job, I would not be eligible to file until July 5th--is this correct?

Question 2: If I file now or tomorrow does that count as my one and only initial claim or can I file today, tomorrow and in July if those don't succeed assuming I am still unemployed at that time?
78bc3
AG
First Mondays Career Focus - 6 April 2020
Former Student Career Services hosts a monthly webinar to overview resources designed to help Aggies explore career options, research opportunities, find Industry connections and compete in our evolving Job markets. Learn the strategies and tactics needed to get plugged in with the Aggie Network and beyond to achieve your career goals.
When: Apr 6, 2020 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting:
https://tamu.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5UuduqopjwqDzqqCPdISmoX0ECggnnhDg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Contact fscshelp@tamu.edu to get additional information.
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
ravingfans
AG
78bc3 said:

First Mondays Career Focus - 6 April 2020
Former Student Career Services hosts a monthly webinar to overview resources designed to help Aggies explore career options, research opportunities, find Industry connections and compete in our evolving Job markets. Learn the strategies and tactics needed to get plugged in with the Aggie Network and beyond to achieve your career goals.
When: Apr 6, 2020 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting:
https://tamu.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5UuduqopjwqDzqqCPdISmoX0ECggnnhDg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Contact fscshelp@tamu.edu to get additional information.
Thanks Paul--this was really timely!
aezmvp
Tried to get an answer but have zero details so far.

Does anyone know how/when the CARES Act suplemental unemployment insurance is being distributed? This is the $600 in that legislation.

Thanks everyone!
aggie4231
AG
aezmvp said:

Does anyone know how/when the CARES Act suplemental unemployment insurance is being distributed? This is the $600 in that legislation.

Thanks everyone!

They way I understand is that it's an automatic addition.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
aezmvp
Just got my first disbursement today. First time I have every been unemployed since the age of 16 20+ years ago. It was not added. That's why I'm asking.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
aezmvp said:

Thanks everyone!
As I understand it, Texas hasn't quite figured out how that will work yet. When I applied on Saturday, the person the on the phone asked a battery of questions that she said would be used to determine eligibility and then once the system in place, back payments will be made.
TAMUallen
AG
I still can't get through to TWC over the phone even in my calling time. It's busy or tells you the number you dialed was busy about 99.9% of the time. The .1% of the time it gets through has you press 1 or 2 to some questions then attempts to transfer you to a busy line
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TAMUallen said:

I still can't get through to TWC over the phone even in my calling time. It's busy or tells you the number you dialed was busy about 99.9% of the time. The .1% of the time it gets through has you press 1 or 2 to some questions then attempts to transfer you to a busy line
Have you tried 915-832-6438? I tried 800-939-6631 400+ times on Saturday and got a rep on the 915 after the fifth dial.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.