Job Network
Sponsored by

Seeking Full-time Finance/Accounting Role in Texas

1,843 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Maroonedinaustin
Chase McGuire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy!

I'm a Master's of Science in Finance student here at Texas A&M and am currently seeking full-time opportunities in both finance and accounting for after my graduation this May. I currently have a 4.0 in my graduate program and have passed Level 1 of the CFA exams. I can provide a resume and anything else upon request.

I've had a corporate finance position in Houston locked up since October but was informed this morning that my offer had been rescinded due to the business impact of the coronavirus shutdown. If anyone has any leads for entry-level positions around the state, I'd love to take a look at them.

You can contact me here on TexAgs via this thread or PM or at chasemcguire20@gmail.com or 979-595-6565.

Thanks and Gig 'em,

Chase McGuire
Deputy Travis Junior
USAA is in the middle of a hiring spree.

EDIT: also, this is just wild ass speculation, but I bet everybody, even the companies still hiring, are going to slow play TF out of you and everybody else given the historically unprecedented uncertainty surrounding the economy. Stay positive and try not to take things personally. If there was ever a "it's not me it's them" moment, this is it.

Hoping I'm wrong and you cruise through interviews.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Unfortunately this is definitely the situation in my industry. I've applied to 60% of the jobs I've seen. The ones I didn't apply to are because they don't meet my requirements. Even still, I don't believe they are doing interviews either.

I'm looking at special education director positions or educational software sales. The sales jobs aren't being filled right now, because their clients are too busy dealing with Covid. The client being special education directors.

Hang in there OP. Your skill set is in an area that's hiring. Just maybe not right now.

Any leads for my situation are appreciated. Thanks Texags.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.