Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for a job in Pro Sports/College Athletics

2,725 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABHag
ABHag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I graduated in December and am having some pretty bad luck at landing a job. I interviewed for the Mavericks and Astros Sales Teams last month but didn't get either jobs and the recent Corona Outbreak has put most of my applications and interviews on hold. If anyone has any advice or can network something out for me it would be appreciated.
JoeAggie5
Did you volunteer for things while in school? That was advice I was given and never took for networking opportunities.

Maybe once things start up there are opportunities to volunteer and get your foot in the door?
Dumpster Fire
Post your email address. I work in college athletics.
ABHag
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

Did you volunteer for things while in school? That was advice I was given and never took for networking opportunities.

Maybe once things start up there are opportunities to volunteer and get your foot in the door?

I worked mostly full time through school as the sports Marketing liaison for Aggieland Outfitters and then took an internship with Barstool Sports my JR and SR year.
ABHag
AG
Dumpster Fire said:

Post your email address. I work in college athletics.
I'll DM you
Dumpster Fire
I don't have stars. See: "I work in collegiate athletics"
Woods Ag
Mookie
AG
Austin spurs are hiring! Check their website.

https://www.nba.com/spurs/our-jobs
Zman91
AG
Texans are in need of a starting WR
OKG2000
AG
Zman91 said:

Texans are in need of a competent GM

FIFY
homer287
A lot of teams are probably on a hiring freeze. With that said NBA and NHL teams were in midst of filling out their entry level inside sales teams. Check teamworkonline.com or email inside sales managers at various teams. This is the best way to get foot in the door in pro sports.
Aston04
AG
Unsolicited advice. Forget working in sports-- too many people want in.. So they pay poorly...
Ags2013
AG
Aston04 said:

Unsolicited advice. Forget working in sports-- too many people want in.. So they pay poorly...

This times a million. Plus unreasonable hours that don't allow for a work/life balance.
JamesPShelley
BarstoolAggie said:

I graduated in December and am having some pretty bad luck at landing a job.
That.

Are you having bad luck at receiving invitations for interviews? At how many companies have you applied for opportunities aligning with your pursuit? At how many companies have you interviewed?
ABHag
AG
JamesPShelley said:

BarstoolAggie said:

That.

Are you having bad luck at receiving invitations for interviews? At how many companies have you applied for opportunities aligning with your pursuit? At how many companies have you interviewed?

I've interviewed for the Mavericks, Astros, and Texas A&M. I just received an offer from the ACC though so I'm not doing too bad now.
ABHag
AG
Ags2013 said:

Aston04 said:

This times a million. Plus unreasonable hours that don't allow for a work/life balance.

the pay poorly part is pretty false. When I interviewed for the Mavs I made it down to the last 9 out of 300 applicants and the offer was pretty nice. 30,000 plus commission and full benefits.
Dumpster Fire
I'm still willing to answer questions or provide some guidance if you'll post an e-mail.
JamesPShelley
BarstoolAggie said:

JamesPShelley said:

BarstoolAggie said:

That.

I've interviewed for the Mavericks, Astros, and Texas A&M. I just received an offer from the ACC though so I'm not doing too bad now.
Outstanding! Wishing you all the best!
ABHag
AG
N/A
Dumpster Fire
Got it. You can take it down.
Ags2013
AG
BarstoolAggie said:

Ags2013 said:

Aston04 said:

the pay poorly part is pretty false. When I interviewed for the Mavs I made it down to the last 9 out of 300 applicants and the offer was pretty nice. 30,000 plus commission and full benefits.
I worked for the Mavs and Spurs. They were fun jobs but I later decided to make some real money. Living on 30k is rough. Best of luck to you though and congrats on your job offer!
ABHag
AG
Ags2013 said:

BarstoolAggie said:

Ags2013 said:

Aston04 said:

I worked for the Mavs and Spurs. They were fun jobs but I later decided to make some real money. Living on 30k is rough. Best of luck to you though and congrats on your job offer!

I appreciate it. If you have any advice I'm definitely open to it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.