Job Network
Sponsored by

Real Estate Agent looking for additional employment

2,596 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sterlingkc
Sterlingkc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I graduated last December (c/o 2018) with a degree in Agribusiness and have been in Real Estate since. So far I loved it and grown and improved in countless ways and have had some nice wins, but the fact of the matter that I I'm not in a place where I can do it full time, and won't be for a few years. Not really sure what I'm looking for but I'd just like to see what's out there. I interned at an insurance company a few summers back so I do have experience working in an office setting. I also have officiated ice hockey for 10 years & love sports so if there was something in sports/business I'd potentially be interested.

Thanks & Gig Em!
Sterling Kellogg-Clarke
c/o 2018
Diggity
AG
Looking at your sales history, I would try to focus on areas with higher median sales prices. You don't have to concentrate on luxury homes only but if you can get your median sales price up to $300-350K then that will help sustain you longer.
Sterlingkc
Thanks that's what I've been doing. Have several things coming up in that range, so we'll see how those work out.
Sterlingkc
Also had a few deals fall through which hurt. All part of the game though!
Rexter
Email me. I have something that's very sporadic part-time within an hour or so from you, but there may be some other opportunities in the Houston area. It fits nicely within a realtor's day.

Rexter1200 at yahoo
Diggity
AG
I agree. Good luck to you and keep grinding my friend
Beer30
AG
Can I get your email address for a PM?
gig em 02
Substitute teaching may be something to look into, flexible work schedule and it will give you an opportunity to network with teachers/administrators. If you are serious about real estate long term then listen to some Gary V and go build a social media presence and start posting on BiggerPockets. Build a strong foundation now and that will pay off for
The rest of your life. Good luck!
Raptor
AG
gig em 02 said:

Substitute teaching may be something to look into, flexible work schedule and it will give you an opportunity to network with teachers/administrators. If you are serious about real estate long term then listen to some Gary V and go build a social media presence and start posting on BiggerPockets. Build a strong foundation now and that will pay off for
The rest of your life. Good luck!

This!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

mazag08
AG
If you are in a big city, appraisal is a great place to be for a part time agent. Find a company to sponsor you as you work toward your trainee license. You can always sell homes as the opportunity arises. But you can will also have more steady work and learn a lot more about the industry in return.
Sterlingkc
I actually ref Ice hockey on the side, which works great in my schedule, but if I didn't have that teaching would be a great option!
Sterlingkc
sterling.kelloggclarke@gmail.com
NoahAg
I can't offer a whole lot of help, but you have a really cool name. Props to your folks.

I say if you enjoy real estate, keep grinding. Especially if you don't have many responsibilities (dependents) beside yourself. You presumably have access to great information and leads. Perhaps look into investing as well as brokering.

As someone who wishes they could go back in time I say this: Buy a cash flowing rental property asap. Look into getting a duplex or triplex and let the other units pay your mortgage. This strategy is a lot easier before you have a family.
FarmerKeith
AG
Just sent you an email...
Sterlingkc
sterling.kelloggclarke@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.