Job Network
Sponsored by

Claims Adjuster position needed

2,104 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GigEm04
GigEm04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I would start the new year seeing if a new post may bring some new hope.

I am looking for a position in insurance claims. I do have my Texas all lines adjuster license from the time I spent with State Farm. The position there was in office taking calls , explaining policy, determining liability In auto accidents etc.

I have applied at every one of the companies I can think of with most of them never involving human contact and auto rejection emails .

I have also found out that some won't let you apply more than once every 6 months which is crazy to me

Any help is appreciated
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Germania hired some State Farm folks that were laid off. You probably have already tried them. Good luck.
GigEm04
AG
It's been a while (hopefully more than 6 months).

Rexter
https://www.cisgroup.net/company/join-our-team/claim-adjusters
aggiecody06
Have you attempted to reach out to any recruiters on Linked In? That's how I got my foot in door at GEICO with no experience at all. I found a couple people that worked for them on Linked In and messaged them.
GigEm04
AG
Yeah again not the best of experiences on LinkedIn. Maybe just the wrong people
NTXAggie14
AG
Where are you located?
GigEm04
AG
Houston now
GigEm04
AG
Can I ask who you messaged aggiecody? The geico person gave me the you can only apply every 6 months robotic answer
NTXAggie14
AG
Have you looked outside of Houston or would be willing to relocate? what kind of claims do you have experience in handling (auto, property, WC, GL). I am a property claims adjuster here in DFW and the market up here is booming, all the major insurance companies are always filling positions and roles. (i.e Liberty mutual, progressive, Allstate, state farm).
GigEm04
AG
Did auto at State Farm didn't quite make it a year. Have applied for hundreds of them at the other big companies with no face to face interviews. Most go in the auto reject pile and I can't apply again for 6 months or a year. I'd rather stay in Houston but if I could get in to one in Dallas again I'm not against it. Applied for a year while I still lived up there with very little action
BrazosBull
AG
The internet is not a productive place to look for this type of job. You will have much better success networking with live people in the industry.
NTXAggie14
AG
Travelers Insurance just posted a trainee property claims position in Houston and an inside auto trainee position in Richardson. Liberty Mutual has several claim jobs open here in Plano. Allstate is hiring like crazy up here in Irving. Progressive is hiring as well up here in the metroplex.

My advise to you would be to keep applying. It took me a while to get into property claims adjusting here in the DFW metroplex. It is all a numbers game, the best way is market yourself and get involved on linkedin and follow the companies you are interested in joining. It appears that is the best way to get yourself noticed and is how I ended up getting a job where I am at, just by marketing myself and connecting with the recruiter prior to any interviews.
GigEm04
AG
Trainee level positions usually get the same response...we picked better qualified people blah blah blah auto email Every person I have asked on linked in has repeated that line as well. I know all I can do is keep trying but it's very discouraging that a human doesn't see the apps anymore
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Since it's been a rough go with insurance why not consider an inside sales role at a company in Houston? You are basically doing the skills required by answering phones, explaining things to customers and I'm sure you need to be accurate with your pc skills. All of these things along with being reliable and personable go a long way with inside sales. I'm talking about smaller manufacturing or distribution companies in Houston because they are everywhere. You have the skills and can be trained on the products. Go interview with confidence and tell them you can do what is required you just need product training. Good luck !
GigEm04
AG
THe word sales doesn't have any appeal to me. I know inside isn't commission but still don't think I'm a sales type.

As a test I applied for Travelers again last nite around 11:00 and by 11:05 I was " no longer under consideration" for a trainee level position.

I know it's not rational but part of me believes State Farm put my name out there as not hireable
NTXAggie14
AG
Being auto rejected after 5 minutes wouldn't have anything to do State Farm placing your name as not hire-able, the prospective hiring company (I.e Travelers) wouldn't get that information until you went into background checks if you were offered the job or if you told them you were fired/not hire-able. Was there a reason you left state farm? Why not go from your previous position and transition to a different role within the company if you did not like the work you were doing if you were already in claims?
GigEm04
AG
They let me go for "hanging up on people". Most of it we weren't far enough in the process to get their number confirmed.

I worked more overtime and took more calls than anyone on the team , and was always on "ready" to take a call so the whole thing baffled me. Also never absent and always there early (which State Farm thought being early=bad)

I was joking about them blocking me but these auto rejections have gotten to me
NTXAggie14
AG
I wish I could be more help, my advice would be keep applying for jobs you are interested in, keep putting your name out there, update your resume and possible draft up a cover letter. I know job loss is terrible, I have experienced it myself, how you explain it and overcame that loss in a positive light will go a long way. Insurance jobs are a numbers game. I understand if you are rooted in Houston, picking up and leaving would be difficult. I know there are opportunities for insurance adjusting jobs outside of Houston for insurance jobs, you just have to keep looking.
GigEm04
AG
Im not totally against Dallas again...thats where State Farm was obviously.

Its been YEARS....with the same thing...and this thing where you cant apply more than every 6 months only to be auto rejected....Its made me lose all hope
aggiecody06
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm curious as to why you're dead set on claims? You've been pursuing it for 2 years and it sounds like your exit from SF is causing you to strike out.

Coming from someone who did claims for 5 years... you don't see many people looking for this profession. Most are trying to get out. I predict a fair chunk of the jobs will go away as AI and automation become more prevalent in the insurance industry as well.

Why not find something else?
GigEm04
AG
Experience applying to "something else" is even worse than this. Humans will always be involved in insurance claims, they just aren't involved in the hiring process for it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.