Job Network
Sponsored by

Received email about new compensation plan yesterday

4,374 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kapon
kapon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Salary + commission cut by 40%!
Received a graph "showing" how it will work.
No one can explain it.
I was told by my manager we would have to wait until January to have it explained.

Just needed to vent.
mAgnoliAg
evestor1
Had this happen to a close friend. He was making 100 plus a commission plan.

Company was bought by private equity. Within two weeks a new plan was given to him. It was the exact same plan...but no 100k salary!

When he asked why they said "so you quit". He said no and they fired him. He had to go through TX Workforce Commission to get money owned on previous commission.

The company went out of business 9 months later. Lol
JamesPShelley
kapon said:

Salary + commission cut by 40%!
Received a graph "showing" how it will work.
No one can explain it.
I was told by my manager we would have to wait until January to have it explained.

Just needed to vent.

Same thing happened to a couple of long-ago associates of mine. Salary and commission cut... with an explanation "coming" the next month. The waiting inspired one associate to start looking for another job, and he found one before the big reveal. The other associate landed on the chopping block not long after the "explanation".

Never was I a fan of causing personnel to wait for any news. I wish you the best, and hope it all works out.
Ragoo
AG
Time to find something new.
exp
AG
The whole "wait until January to have it explained" portion is a big red flag. It's typical move the goalposts strategy of dealing with pleebs.

Screw these guys dude. Get your resume beefed up and start looking. Simple as that.
powerbelly
AG
I understand reducing commissions, but they should be able to explain right now. There is no reason to wait if they know what they are doing.
cml08
AG
I am hiring a new salesperson (Aerzen - process compressors and blowers) for TX & OK based out of Houston if you are interested in a switch!
kapon
AG
thanks!
sent you a linkedin invite
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.