Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for New Opportunity

2,008 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AndAg
Himbo Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags

I'm class of '18 looking for a new career opportunity in or around the Woodlands, Texas area. I majored in Sports Management with a minor in Business. Currently I work in Houston doing a heavy inside sales and customer service role. I don't love it (sales) and therefore I'm looking for something new. I've got a baby on the way and we need to be closer to family so that's why I ask for the Woodlands or surrounding area.

If no one has any openings or knows of any openings, I would love some direction or advice from those who have some experience making a switch along with the pressure of bringing another Ag into the world.

Thanks everyone for your time!
AndAg
AG
This is a bit vague on what you're actually looking for. All I can determine is that you're not wanting to be in sales any longer.
Himbo Fisher
AG
It is a bit vague. To tell you the truth I'm not sure what I want to do other than finding a job I can be an asset at. I'm open to just about everything I'm qualified for outside of a heavy sales. I enjoy Event Management and have experience in that, along with Coaching (basketball), Quality & Logistics work, Customer Service, Sales, Data filing, and Marketing (Social Media).
AndAg
AG
Sorry, I meant to respond to you earlier but didn't get back on here. It's still a bit tough to really help you out at this time. This is where I would start:

https://www.thewoodlandstx.com/majoremployers/

This gives you a good baseline of the major employers in The Woodlands. Take a look at their websites and look for open positions that would be interesting to you. Once you have a better understanding of what types of positions would be interesting, take a look at LinkedIn or the Aggie website to find some people that may have some more information about those types of roles or may be willing to meet with you to discuss more about their company.

You could also post a few of those positions on here. This would be more helpful to really see where your interest/skills lie. It's possible that there are people here that work for those companies but it's very tough to be much help as you still don't really know what you want to do/be.

I know it is difficult but know that we've all been where you're at. When I was your age I had no idea what I wanted to do either.

Additionally, look at successful people in your life that you could take out to lunch and pick their brain. They may bring something to the service that you've never considered before as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.