Job Network
Sponsored by

RE: FP&A, Finance Managers, Senior Analysts

1,508 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FincAg
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta short story for you Ags.

I have spent the last five years in Dallas, Tx growing and supporting a family, doing my day job, and routinely flying to Pittsburgh. During that time I did complete SMU's professional MBA program concentrating in corporate finance and data analytics.

For the past couple years I have been passively applying to roles that I found online and contacted a few recruiters for bits of advice, but have not engaged in expanding my network.

I have twelve years of experience working at a super regional bank, from credit analyst to finance officer, now portfolio strategy and analytics for the entire bank focusing on CECL, CCAR, and balance sheet modeling.

Do you or someone familiar have the time to describe their role, what their day looks like, and how their career has progressed?

I am looking to put names with faces, meet with some local professionals to share anything I have to offer, and open up my view of alternative roles and responsibilities outside of my current data centric path.
leoj
AG
Finc, maybe not what you're looking for since I have no experience in the field, but I am finishing up my MS in Finance at UTD and would love to meet up and hear about your banking experience.
FincAg
AG
Leoj,

Do you ever make it south of the high five? If not, I can work out of our Las Colinas office and easily swing up north. Let me know what your schedule is like next week and I am sure we can work something out.
leoj
AG
Sure, I can meet you wherever and my schedule is usually wide open during the week. My email is in my profile, shoot me a message and we can set something up.
Ulrich
To clarify, you're interested in learning about industry-side FP&A and corporate finance practices / mindset / duties / tools / skills etc?
FincAg
AG
Ulrich said:

To clarify, you're interested in learning about industry-side FP&A and corporate finance practices / mindset / duties / tools / skills etc?

That is correct.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.