Job Network
Sponsored by

Lawyer

1,305 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JMac03
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need potentially for a cease and desist/defamation letter to be sent out. Would rather not spend a fortune. I think it should be fairly cut and dry. Won't go into more details on here. If any Ags are willing to help you can PM me or email me (email in profile). TIA.
flown-the-coop
AG
I would consider finding an attorney particular to your circumstance, business and/or industry. I would then contemplate the choice with the idea you may need to use the attorney for next steps, or even to defend against a counterclaim.

Most will tell you a cease and desist demand and defamation claim are easier said, much harder done. They can be effective in intimidating the other party into cutting out the behavior... and are often necessary to take the next step in making an actual defamation claim.

But, ever getting an injunction on the other party or getting any damages from a claim can be very difficult. But I am not an attorney, I just have to pay them from time to time. And we had this issue come up with a competitor talking smack about my company to other companies and the agencies we worked for. The letter followed by a nice in person meeting letting them know the seriousness ended the behavior. But we stood no chance of ever recovering any damages from their defamation type activity.
JMac03
AG
Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.