Job Network
Sponsored by

Interested in Teaching Abroad...I need advice & connections

1,529 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 4
Natalie 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy, Ags! I need your help as I chase my dream in life. I am a 28 years old, an Elementary certified teacher (specializing in Science) and want to teach abroad. Currently I am looking into the Department of Defense and am specifically interested in Europe. Do you know anyone that has experience with DoD or teaching abroad, or can you help connect me with someone who can help expedite the process? Thanks so much!

God Bless & Gig'em!

Natalie Ventura '15
HollywoodBQ
AG
Natalie - good luck. I emailed you through the Association's site.

I've got a classmate who started out teaching at the American Embassy school in Moscow. He's now teaching in Budapest.

If you're open to the Middle East or Asia, you should take a look at some of the International Schools in places like Saudi Arabia or Malaysia.

As a kid, I attended Saudi Arabian International Schools which is now called the International Schools Group.
https://isg.edu.sa/

One of my former teachers from Saudi was recently the headmistress at the ISKL International School in Kuala Lumpur.
https://www.iskl.edu.my/

Hope that helps.
Natalie 15
Thank you so much for the information you have provided me. I'll look into these.
coastalaggie
AG
My wife taught at the American School of Lagos in Nigeria when I was assigned there. It is a good school and Lagos isn't as bad as people say. I know the current Superintendent I could get you in touch with if interested. Base case he could help get you pointed in the right direction. Let me know...
rilloaggie
AG
Aggie@state.gov
AG
There are International Teacher Job Fairs every year all over the USA.
ask the google.
AG
I tried teaching a broad once. She just wouldn't listen.

Bada Bing!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.